Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Kia Soul automatic basic. After the catalytic convertor was replaced last year due to recall I have had the vehicle start to shake. It shakes at idle and at stop lights. Seems to be getting worse. It use to only shake in drive but now in all gears.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sounds like misfires. check the spark plug replacement intervals for the model you own. If that hadn’t been done then it needs doing ASAP. Misfires can actually damage the catalytic converter and engine. If the spark plugs are good then the next things to check would be the coils and fuel injectors.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You need to visit a competent auto tech. Bad engine, transmission mounts? If it's mis firing the cel should be flashing. Get it checked to see if it has any stored codes. Who did the tune up? Did they use factory parts or aftermarket? How many miles? With the information you gave, it's a guessing game.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had 2 shops look at it. No stored codes and the other checked mounts and said visibly they look good with nothing loose or cracks but they contain hydraulic oil so it may not be lubricating the internal parts of the mount but can not tell u just have to replace them.???? Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
If you've had 2 different garages check it and they can't find the problem, you're just wasting time and money. You need to find someone who knows what they are doing. Have you tried a Kia dealer?

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
New Plugs and coils were replaced approximately 6 months ago.
OEM coils or aftermarket? If aftermarket get them replaced with OEM ones. Most non OEM coils do not tolerate well in these cars for some odd reason. Before I bought my 2nd gen from my old job they replaced the coils with "better then normal aftermarket" parts about 30k ago which took out the cat too from the severe misfire. Thankfully it was under that bad cat warranty and after fighting with kia corporate I got a new one for free. Anyways I digress. I just ordered OEM coils off of Amazon as I've had a rough idle for a bit now and my mileage has tanked as well...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Reminds me of the Post Office Jeeps. They would shake so badly in neutral that the gear shift would drop into reverse. They had a lot of runaways when carriers would leave the Jeeps running when they went to deliver something. Damn things would shimmy like a Hula dancer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts