Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.kiatechinfo.com/

1. register create a user account (i used miller kia zip is 76706)
2. type in your username/email addy
3. click the forgot password button
4. retrieve password from your e-mail inbox
5. enjoy looking at service tech information

·
Registered
173 Posts
nitro,
the agreement will not open for me to tick so I cant create an account. Sometimes Mac's arent so great. Is it possible to save the service manual and post er up here?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I cannot tell if the majority of info contained in there has issue, but some drawings of the front suspension setup (front strut assembly) as well as parts and locations are inaccurate and inconsistent.
We've noticed that when doing spring testing for the lowering kit.
Also, when looking through the electrical/lights I couldn't find any repair/installation procedures for side marker lights...
Kris

·
Registered
191 Posts
what a fantastic site !!

I dont understand 80% of whats on it but its handy for refrence plus when/if we have to take the Soul in for maintinance, recalls etc it'll be nice to sound like we know what were talking about.

thanks for posting it .

·
Registered
192 Posts
Lazy freakin' developers... gotta load IE to use their site? Bah...
I agree - and I've seen it before.

Additionally it is very bad management of the corporations information assets, not to mention the outright stupidity of having vendor proprietary software required to support your CUSTOMERS on the INTERNET for goodness sake.

Very inexperienced or very immature software developers and management to say the least - Shows a complete lack of consideration for the future use of the data/information as well. Kia America should have an I.T. Department at least the quality of their Design personnel.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
It works good by me.
I hope we have in Holland the same Soul as you in America.
Will see it when I get the car.
I will take him apart.

RelenaRelena

·
Registered
165 Posts
This would be way cooler if 80% of the tech drawings weren't blank. In fairness I mostly looked at the electrical section. Maybe the site has to evolve into something useful. Along with the browser support maybe add the rest of the drawings?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Schematics are available

All the schematics are there. Your browser needs some helper files to view them.

If you are on a Windows platform, use Internet Explorer. On the very first page when you hit the site you will see this message:

* Note: Some sections of this web site will require Adobe SVG
Viewer, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Macromedia Flash Player.
If these plugins are not installed on your computer please Click here.

System Requirements: Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, 64MB RAM, 1024x768 video resolution, Internet Explorer 6,
High-Speed (128K or greater) Internet connection,
Full-Screen Mode (press F11 in Internet Explorer) is recommended for best viewing.
Follow the link provided. Follow the instructions and answer the questions. Install the packages you need (it is all pretty much automated, just follow the guides).

After your browser is loaded up, you will see the schematics. And, the .swf files allow you to click on links in the wiring diagrams that will take you to photos of where to find the connector, a drawing of the connector showing pin numbers, and associated or extended schematics for the circuit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lazy freakin' developers... gotta load IE to use their site? Bah...
Basically, Hyundai/Kia is putting this out there for free. They only support IE. Since it's free, we're not really in a position to complain. It's there, take it or leave it.

I've found the Hyundai side very handy for my Elantra; I wired in a Tiburon JBL amp and Infinity subwoofer using the Tibby wiring diagrams, and used the Elantra diagrams to figure out how to hook them up at the stereo end... giving me a custom/OEM stereo.

So turn up your nose if you don't like IE; you're the one that's missing out on the free information.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts