Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an appt this morning to replace a seat belt buckle that they said was causing my airbag light to come on. They take an hour to test/replace/retest and the fault is still there.
They say they dont know what the issue is.

Supposedly the smart techs are in California so we have to wait until this afternoon to try to figure out what is wrong with my car. Boo Hiss. Aggravating.

They gave me a new Sorrento with UVO and AC seats and loaded but I dont care for it. Almost empty and they said bring it back with gas. lovely.

I just want my Soul back. I miss her already.

I am beginning to think the toyota extender seat belts didnt cause the fault. Wife used them too and nothing happened to her car.

Green Bean has a boo boo!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Poor Green Bean.... at least they gave you a loaner...I presume they tested the fuses. Cars today are too complicated....glad to hear the good techs are in CA.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They had to go to Kia company techs because the test docs for that fault dont tell them what else to do. If it isnt a quick fix from California I may be driving this bloated beast of a sorrento for a while.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AS it seems now the good techs are in Korea. California cant find whats wrong with it. The airbag light is on and thats all they know. The Sorrento upon examination has the roll back roof and AC vents in the door posts! leather seats and AC/Heat to the seats. No Sirius radio working tho. I think it has a nav map but cant figure out how to bring it up. it is an UVO stereo but frankly does not sound any better than my Green Bean's stereo.

Im still burnt up they gave it to me empty. Oh well. Rant over. I want my Soul back. This one isnt the same. It has no Soul!

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
loaners are not compulsory, so its only fair you put fuel in it while your using it :sneakiness:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
loaners are not compulsory, so its only fair you put fuel in it while your using it :sneakiness:
actually loaners are compulsory on my contract. Free loaners at that. It was even on my window sticker along with lifetime free oil and filter changes with synthetic oil. It wasnt that they wanted me to bring it back at the same level I got it. That is just polite. It was that they gave it to me so close to walking that I thought it rude. I am disabled and walk not very well. Ok now?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shaggy. I am not more mature. ask my wife! I am just old.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Matt's sure here!
He's sitting next to the rug.

Hope your green bean gets home soon.

Thanks Duck. They kept her overnight. Dont know whats going on with her and I hope they figure it out.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They said they "think" they found and fixed the problem but are going to road test the car and wash it before calling me to come get it.

I will be sure to ask exactly what was wrong and report back. I am hopeful I will get it back today. I hate the suv Sorrento monster they have me driving.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He said something like a sensor between the seat belt system and the air bag system ...whatever that means. I will ask

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I dont get my car back today. They said they drove it and the warning light still came back on. So now they want to pull up the carpet and check the wiring harness for loose wires. I hope this isnt as bad as it sounds.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
I dont get my car back today. They said they drove it and the warning light still came back on. So now they want to pull up the carpet and check the wiring harness for loose wires. I hope this isnt as bad as it sounds.
Do you know if they disconnected the battery and tried to reset the system? Maybe worth mentioning if they have not done it.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul +, 2018 Soul 1 Million Edition
785 Posts
Wonder if they are checking both sides-driver/passenger? I say this because I saw this happen/had to pay for this repair more than once as an insurance adjuster-airbag systems are a PITA.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sigh. I wonder if I have any rights at this point. probably not. They did say they will make it right and they did give me a new loaner Sorrento. I cant figure out the UVO and cant get a nav map to come up (gps) but like the back up camera and the roof rollback to glass, and the seat AC, and the blind spot warning lights on the mirrors. Oh and like the auto rear hatch lift too. Was nice at the grocery today. Actually I am kind of getting used to this big monster. Only problem is even I cant get it over 17mpg even with ECO on and nursing it. I can get the Soul to 30mpg without working.

I do want my soul back but want it back the way I bought it. Working and intact!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts