Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3 month subscription should have ended 2 days ago. Serius tells me I have a 1 year subscription, that expires Nov 2019. The Kia dealer where I bought the Soul, says I only get 3 months free. Which I agree its 3 months. Has anyone else had this happen. I'm just going to listen to the Serius until they shut it off. Then I guess I will pay for a subscription.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
When you got the car, the three month free agreement should have told you it would covert to a one year subscription. What you need to do is NOT TO PAY for the one year full price one. Call them on the phone and keep telling them No to the deal that is offered until they reach the 30 buck one for six months (I think). That seems to be the cheapest and the one I keep getting. They will stay on the phone until you hang up or you buy something. Watch out for the royalty fees also. What a scam that one is.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,530 Posts
More than likely you'll get a bill from them.

My 3 months went 6 before they shut it off, but I really like the ad free, wide assortment of entertainment. I've been a subscriber for almost 5 years now.

Reactions: Buzz

·
Registered
626 Posts
I had the same question, so I explored their site and found this:

https://www.siriusxm.com/sxm-learnmore?intcmp=GN_FOOTER_NEW_IHaveaTrialinMyVehicle_LearnaboutMyTrial

Near the bottom of that page (under "Learn About My Trial"), it answers the question, "Does my trial subscription automatically renew?"

The answer:

No. Your trial subscription is just a trial — it's yours to enjoy for the duration. Of course, we hope you'll love it so much you sign up to keep enjoying all our great programming. But again, there are no strings attached. If you have not yet purchased a subscription package for after your trial ends, your SiriusXM service will automatically stop at the end of your trial period.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
60 Posts
When you got the car, the three month free agreement should have told you it would covert to a one year subscription. What you need to do is NOT TO PAY for the one year full price one. Call them on the phone and keep telling them No to the deal that is offered until they reach the 30 buck one for six months (I think). That seems to be the cheapest and the one I keep getting. They will stay on the phone until you hang up or you buy something. Watch out for the royalty fees also. What a scam that one is.
Just wondering if the $30 deal is for the "Mostly Music" plan or "Select" Pplan?

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
I have the SiriusXM Select plan paying $30 every 6 months but as stated earlier you must call to get the pricing.

Reactions: cooltoy

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Just wondering if the $30 deal is for the "Mostly Music" plan or "Select" Pplan?
I am not familiar with those plans. For 30.00, I got all the radio had to offer. That is, all the channel types and lots of them. Almost every type of music is covered. Oh, BTW, I find that Sirius is staffed by used car sales man types. Until I see it in writing, I don't believe anything they say (by writing I am referring to emails).

·
Registered
81 Posts
NEVER pay full price for SXM! Here's a good piece explaining how to get the best deals out of them. It's not hard at all, I do it every 5 or 6 months. Well worth the 5 minute phone call.

https://www.hustlermoneyblog.com/how-to-get-the-best-deal-on-sirius-xm-radio-subscription/

Also - be aware that if you get one of these retention deals, they auto-renew at full price. So you need to call back and renew at the deal rate BEFORE the term expires, or you'll get charged full pop. I just put it on my calendar and get reminded a few days in advance. Another option is don't give them your credit card, ask to be invoiced - they charge a $2 fee to do this, but this prevents them from auto-renewing and charging your card. If you forget to call, they'll renew and mail you a bill. Then you call and say nope, not paying, but if you want to give me the deal rate again, I'll stick around.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,530 Posts
I like the package that includes the comedy channels. It's great when you're stuck in traffic or following an idiot :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
the best offer i've gotten so far is six months for $30 (i'm in Canada), though i haven't committed yet, and one more month left on my trial.

anyone get a better deal, or is this considered standard?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Something else to consider if you're a big SXM fan and have unlimited data on your phone - if you buy a streaming package, you can stream SXM via CarPlay or Android Auto. It has 3 bitrate options, and the top one is 320k -or about 5-10x better than the satellite stream. Even at the mid setting (which I believe is 128k) it still sounds worlds better than the sat stream. At 320k it's freaking glorious.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Something else to consider if you're a big SXM fan and have unlimited data on your phone - if you buy a streaming package, you can stream SXM via CarPlay or Android Auto. It has 3 bitrate options, and the top one is 320k -or about 5-10x better than the satellite stream. Even at the mid setting (which I believe is 128k) it still sounds worlds better than the sat stream. At 320k it's freaking glorious.
did not know this! i just assumed that since the satellite stream is their bread and butter it would be max quality, or at least "really good"

·
Registered
77 Posts
Can you get around the royalty fees? They made it sound like I had no option. I ended up paying like $11 in royalty fees for the year subscription. It cost about $71 for a year.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Can you get around the royalty fees? They made it sound like I had no option. I ended up paying like $11 in royalty fees for the year subscription. It cost about $71 for a year.
The 30 dollar deal does not give a breakdown showing any royalty fees but I am sure it is in there somewhere. When I have taken this I get a bill from them for 32 dollars flat. I do not and will not give them my credit card number for the reason stated in a previous post. That is why I don't trust them. I mean would you give your card number to a salesman and tell him to charge it anytime he determines that it is needed to be done and not tell you until after the fact? I would not and have not done that with Sirius or other services.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts