Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It would have looked 100 times better if it would have the HAMSTAR Badges on the front and back instead of KIA Badges.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great ntron1. That would be Awesome. Get a lot of shots and also of the Tiger Edition Soul as well and also, if they have more Souls! :D

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kia Soul Hamstar Concept: 2010 SEMA Show
Published Nov 2, 2010
6 Ratings 6 Ratings

• Kia unveils a pair of Soul concepts at the SEMA show.
  • Hamstar and White Tiger Souls each get an animalistic treatment.
  • Two unique Kia Fortes are also on display.
LAS VEGAS — The Kia Soul Hamstar Concept puts the Korean brand's furry rappers from the Soul's advertisements front and center at the 2010 SEMA Show — and even gives a nod to the line of Hamstar clothing.
The "Molten Red" Soul concept features a "star" graphic with the Hamstar logo on the hood and off-black matte finish stripes on the vehicle's sides that are inspired by vintage sweatpants.
Exterior cues include black gloss and polished aluminum sport wheels. The black cabin gets black chenille stars on the backs of the front headrests.
The Hamstar concept leads a pack of Kia vehicles into the SEMA show.
The Kia Soul White Tiger Concept is a precursor of the Soul White Tiger, which will go on sale in "the coming weeks," said Kia in a statement.
The Soul White Tiger Concept is inspired by "this year's Asian Lunar year animal — the Tiger," the Korean automaker said. Details include an all-white exterior with tiger-themed graphics and a black leather interior. Other details include white-finish 18-inch alloy wheels, a rear bumper cat claw appliqué and sport spoiler.
The Kia Forte Koup Type R Concept at the SEMA Show hints at "future production vehicle applications," said Kia in a statement. Kia Motors America also confirmed its plans to campaign the Forte Koup in the Grand-Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge in 2011. The Type R, which was developed by Kinetic Motorsports, features "enhanced exterior panels that exaggerate the existing body lines," said Kia. It also gets 18-inch forged-aluminum alloy wheels and racing-inspired tires and suspension components.
The Kia Forte Hybrid Concept at the SEMA show — also created by Kinetic Motorsports — gets a 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine fueled by propane gas and a lithium polymer battery.
Inside Line says: Only at the SEMA zoo would you see a vehicle inspired by hamsters and old sweatpants. — Anita Lienert, Correspondent

·
Registered
590 Posts
I've said white with white wheels looks good, and here is proof. :) With the tinted windows, I like it, a lot.

That big star on the red one HAS to go. Yuck. (Insert barf emoticon here)

·
Registered
151 Posts
The red one looks like a kindergarten art project. Yea, take some masking tape and stick some stars on the back of the seats. I can't take that car seriously.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Not a fan of any of the graphics but the white on white looks nice. I noticed the cheap stars on the back of otherwise stock seats too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I like it! I'm going to feel not as special since another special edition is getting the white wheels. :(

·
Registered
728 Posts
Thats too bad. Agreed, quite lame for a SEMA car.
Nothing but some Velcro stars for the inside with some paint and stickers for the outside.
It must have been just a way to get the "Hamstar" name out there.
They made the Soul look cheep and pathetic, imho.
I think my Canadian 4U Burner with dealership accessories looks better, way cooler and has more bling but I guess it is all personal taste.
After seeing these pictures they would never touch my car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts