Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2013 Soul. When I lock the system it only "Chirps" which is rather mousy. Can the system be programmed to sound the horn when the system is being locked?
Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Al E

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
that's weird, if you press the keyless entry lock twice the horn sounds and its loud! Press it once and no sound but all the doors lock, never heard of a chirp has someone added an after market security system?

Details of your Soul would be appreciated in your DRIVES profile on the left side.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My new 2013 Soul makes virtually no sound when I lock the system, but the lights flash.
Does n't disturb the neighbors.

·
Registered
456 Posts
My exclaim chirps

one beep lock and two beeps unlocks. No horn sounds at all.

·
Registered
15,165 Posts
My new 2013 Soul makes virtually no sound when I lock the system, but the lights flash.
Doesn't disturb the neighbors.
mine does too (lights blink once), but press it twice and horn will then beep, however that is just a confirmation as it fully locks on the first press.

from the owners manual (2013 Canadian)

If the lock button is pressed once
more within 4 seconds, the hazard
warning lights will blink and the
horn will sound once.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My 2013 Exclaim will only chirp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the chirp but really would prefer the horn.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I can hear my Locking Solenoids firing, with a very distinct "CLICK" from 50' away. If the background noise level is too high and I don't hear the 'click', I then push the button one more time to get the beep from the horn for confirmation.'

If other people are around, like in front of a restaurant, I take a few steps away from the car and then with my hand and remote in my pocket, I push the locking button again.
And, when the horn beeps, I whirl around and say (loudly) to my car, "Quit That!!!".

I get weird looks from people and sometimes laughter.

But, my remote locking system works GREAT!

When I get home, I push the button on the other remote on my key-chain and I can hear the locking solenoid on my front door, CLICK as it unlocks. Then all I have to do is push the door to get in the house. That's pretty helpful, when my hands are full of groceries. Eh?

TM :cool:

Reactions: TxSaintBear

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
My 2013 Exclaim will only chirp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the chirp but really would prefer the horn.
can you clarify what you mean by "chirp????" like onomatopeia or a video clip?

are you saying the sound your soul makes when you hit the remote lock button twice and the sound it makes when you press the horn are different?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
15,165 Posts
good point Ebonit, some people have thought the regular horn sounded like that on some models. "One man's chirp may not be anothers"

I checked the 2013 US owner manual and it states:

"If the lock button is pressed once more within 4 seconds, the hazard warning lights will blink and the horn will sound once." (no different to the Canadian version).

To the best of my knowledge, there is only one horn on the car, but if any after market remote start or security system has been installed it could be different.
Easy way to test is stand in front of the car with the hood open and press the remote twice and see where the sound it coming from. If your facing the car, its located behind the grill on the left side in front of the rad (have to remove the plastic cover to access it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts