Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 392 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right. This the thread to post the little things you discover in your Soul. Such as the extending sun visors. Which, I didn't know it had either.

There was a thread like in the New Beetle Forum I used to go to, and it was amazing what wasn't in the manual!

So get to it fellow Soulsters! Find those amazing things and post 'em here!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I found two things in the owners manual that I would never know...if your battery is disconnected or dies you must go through a reset procedure for your sunroof and A/C ? Defrost/Defog system....besides resetting your radio and clock....does this count?

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
LOL.

I think most of the sales people in the world don't properly show the customer the car. It is one of what I call hidden features. It is one of the items I show the customer during the walk around, because mostly all of them find this a beneficial feature.

Cheers,

SOUL4U

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
it's in the manual but a lot of people miss it.

If you don't have an ipod or didn't buy the cable, you can get a cheap 4GB or 8GB flash drive and plug it into your USB port by the shifter. Fill it up with MP3's first. The radio controls will change songs if needed. No special adapter needed.

Based on an average song length of 3 minutes, you can fill an 8GB flash stick with around 2000 mp3's. Who needs an ipod or sirius now? 8GB sticks sell for anywhere from $15 to $25 depending on brand.

·
Registered
838 Posts
My sentiments exactly BC! Sirius, you gotta be kidding me.....

25$/mo. for internet access for my blackberry. Thousands of stations all around the world. Plus, I can take from Saff's soul, to my xB, no extra charge. ;););)

it's in the manual but a lot of people miss it.

If you don't have an ipod or didn't buy the cable, you can get a cheap 4GB or 8GB flash drive and plug it into your USB port by the shifter. Fill it up with MP3's first. The radio controls will change songs if needed. No special adapter needed.

Based on an average song length of 3 minutes, you can fill an 8GB flash stick with around 2000 mp3's. Who needs an ipod or sirius now? 8GB sticks sell for anywhere from $15 to $25 depending on brand.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I read somewhere here tonight that the headrests push back and forth? I haven't tried it yet.
Three clicks forward, and a fourth click resets to the original position.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I love the headrests. My favorite things so far are:

-One button push to open and close the sunroof
-The 3 lighter plugs. We can run the laptop, charge the phones, and still have a plug.

The dealer told us the glove box is deep enough to hold a laptop. It's deep, but I haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The dealer told us the glove box is deep enough to hold a laptop. It's deep, but I haven't tried it yet.
It does indeed... but I can only fit a 15", not my 17". It doesn't look like it will fit a sliding tray for a 15" either unless you happen to have something very low profile, which is sad. So I may have to try to mount a tray for a 13" instead, and go from there.

·
Banned
288 Posts
Just went outside to check, and there's a recessed area below the speaker where it looks like the charger should be, but it's not. Must only be on the Exclaim and Sport trims. :(

1 - 20 of 392 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.