Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Second Owner Warranty?

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  flowerinameadow 
#1 ·
As the recent owner of a 2014, am I entitled to what is left on original OEM warranty? I can ask dealer when I get a chance but thought some here might know.

#7 ·
Kia dealer said the 5-60 warranty is still in effect till Aug when the car reaches its 5th year. Had mine in today to have transmission fluid changed ($200) and also had new battery put in ($140). They said the battery is made for them by Interstate, a US company with good rep. If you want to do the installation yourself, the batt cost $119.95. Am more than satisfied with the thorough checkups they did which even included an alignment print out which showed all 4 wheels to be in perfect alignment. This would have cost $69 at the tire shop I've used for years! Of course, many of the things they checked were oriented towards earning $$$, such as cabin filter, air filter, brake fluid change, etc. They didn't push the sale of these, just pointed out they would "soon" need changing. These things I do on my own....when really needed. One thing sounded interesting and that was oil/filter changes for $39.95. Didn't inquire as to whether oil is Syn or Conventional; prob the latter, or at best a blend. will check it out later.

#8 ·
:rapture: To be clear - I wasn't endorsing purchasing a CPO for the extra warranty. It's just that the model Soul I wanted (Sunroof and whole Shabang package) was available as a CPO. I don't feel like I got fleeced personally. I paid about $17k for a 2015 Exclaim Whole Shabang with 25,000 miles - which I walked off the lot for $6000 cash due to my trade-in and my car is paid in full. Being able to keep the remainder of the warranty is a bonus.

All of the similar cars in my area were thousands of dollars more expensive. So I think that one should take ALL things into consideration when buying a car and/or haggling on price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.