Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, yes, I did a search and read several threads.
Second, I am NOT interested in "My seats are comfortable" responses or "This is the most comfortable car seat I've ever had." Not interested, not helpful. Looking for solutions.
Third, I would like to know what people have done by way of adding seat cushions to their Soul.

My problem is this, I'm very uncomfortable, I have a pretty bony behind and after a week of sitting in the seat, I can actually feel the frame through the bolster.

So, what have people found to be the best solution? What cushions have you found to work the best?

I was thinking something with memory foam would work, anyone using that?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
There is a fine line between being forthright and rude. Telling people what they can and cant say in reply to your post in an open forum is in my opinion rude. Good luck with your answers.

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
Telling people what they can and cant say in reply to your post in an open forum is in my opinion rude.
don't know about "rude" but surely pointless - folks are gonna write what they want, not what you want - for instance - regardless of your seated comfort level, i prefer a revolver over a semi-auto every day of the week ! -

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
well, since you ask, yup -

i've got a cushion that came from a medical supply house - about 3 inches thick and quite firm - seems to be quite comfortable but i use it primarily for the added heighth to ease egress - don' lak dat no easy egresses -

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a place online that you can custom design a seat cushion from various levels of quality foam, might head that direction.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Perhaps, but...also may be a case of you get what you pay for. May try some other options first.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
I found a place online that you can custom design a seat cushion from various levels of quality foam, might head that direction.
Do you have anyone in your area that does custom auto upholstery? You have to be careful of the various sensors that are built into the seat and also the heater elements if you have heated seats. Are you confident in doing your own installation in this area?

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
mine was a return to the medical supply house - they're not permitted to resell for some reason so i did get it for zero dollars - i think the original purchaser croaked -

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
you get what you pay for. .
well, aren't you complaining about getting something that you paid for ?

you won't know if your custom job is any better until you've put a few hours on the soul time-meter - will they take that one back if you don't like it ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I replaced mine with solid rock seats, then had the floor ripped out and stone wheels put in. My dinosaur's head pokes through the roof too.

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
\

Precisely, cheap car. Cheap seats.
.......but the SAME seats were in the car when you bought it - to be precise, the comfort level will prove to be dependent upon your butt and not upon an amount of cash - and i assume we're talking about the same butt you had when you bought the car -

·
Registered
767 Posts
Amsdorf!

I used AirHawk Motorcycle Seat Cushions for a few years. If properly inflated, they'll work and last a lifetime. EXCELLENT CUSHION, and well worth the $$$. They're designed to have you FLOAT, just above the actual seat, so your Heiny isn't touching a Firm/Hard surface.

I've ridden over 20K Miles with the AirHawk Large Cruiser Model, and I ALWAYS felt comfortable and pain-free. Our Group of Riders would normally ride 300-400 miles in a day, just to take a Day-Cruise.

If you'll look at the link below, you'll see a variety of sizes available.

AIRHAWK Motorcycle Seats - 60 Day Money Back Guarantee!

I have recommended these to many people, and I have never heard one complaint about the Cushion.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
My seats are comfortable. These are most comfortable car seats i've ever had.
Also, am getting some custom cushions done ..lumbar cushions, neck cushions.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Amsdorf!

I used AirHawk Motorcycle Seat Cushions for a few years. If properly inflated, they'll work and last a lifetime. EXCELLENT CUSHION, and well worth the $$$. They're designed to have you FLOAT, just above the actual seat, so your Heiny isn't touching a Firm/Hard surface.

I've ridden over 20K Miles with the AirHawk Large Cruiser Model, and I ALWAYS felt comfortable and pain-free. Our Group of Riders would normally ride 300-400 miles in a day, just to take a Day-Cruise.

If you'll look at the link below, you'll see a variety of sizes available.

AIRHAWK Motorcycle Seats - 60 Day Money Back Guarantee!

I have recommended these to many people, and I have never heard one complaint about the Cushion.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

Thanks, that sounds like a good option to look into.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts