Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Scored a brand spankin' new 2014 Soul Base today!

7K views 24 replies 20 participants last post by  Shaggy Wierdo 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

New to the forum and Soul ownership. I've had my eye on the 2013s for a while now and finally went down to the dealership today. Lo and behold, they had a gorgeous 2014 fresh off the truck. It was so new they hadn't even taken all of the plastic wrap off of everything. After an impressive test drive and some wheeling and dealing, I was able to take possession and drive it off the lot. I'm not sure if dealers anywhere else have gotten some in (I'm in Reno, NV), however, I haven't seen any around and the dealer said that was their first one.

I'm totally in love with the car. It's the base automatic model but it feels premium. It drives like a dream and looks super cool. Kia's really put some effort into these cars and it shows.

I'm looking forward to learning lots from the forum, we'll talk to you all later!

-Alex

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice! They are hitting dealers now. Nevada seems right in line with what dealers will get them first. Congrats. I think there is a trophy or award for the first owner /driver of the 14 model. Congrats again and give a full review as you guys get to know each other. Other members will soon chime in.

#6 ·
Nice coffee color. Well, those Souls had to get unloaded off the boat in either Richmond or Oakland.

As to a question of ordering from KIA, I know the dealership can see the manifest of what is on the cargo ship that their next shipment is coming in on. And the dealers can swap cars with each other even before they are delivered. Not the same as ordering, but should give you better options to find what you want.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
welcome and congratulations and snapping up probably one of the first of the new 2014 models (at least to announce on this forum). Was this a replacement for another vehicle or an addition (noticed the other vehicle)?

TIP (for future conversations): add AT to your DRIVES profile and also Reno, NV instead of United States, might be other members in your area - thanks.

Also you maybe able to confirm (and possibly with pictures) the additional features on the Base AT vs the MT model which is included in the $2000 up charge from the MT. I was just informed from Kia that the up charge for the auto also includes the following:
- cruise control
- remote keyless entry
- 16" alloys (looks like that in your photo)
- centre console with armrest and storage
- illuminated ignition cylinder ring
also do you have a rear centre armrest? (you may not as they informed me that this would be a late availability)

thanks, you may be getting a lot of questions so be prepared ;)

#20 ·
Thanks everyone! To answer these questions specifically, it has all of the aforementioned save for the rear center armrest. I had been driving a 1999 Toyota Tacoma that I loved, however, my wife just gave birth to our first kid so I needed something a little more practical to cart the little man around in. The other car that you saw in the picture was my wife's Chevy Sonic. Truth be told, this is the first new car I've ever owned as opposed to used cars making this a personal victory as well. I researched all of the cars that would be in my price range and definitely wanted to go with the Soul. I went to the dealer hoping to get a 2013 + and lucked out with the 2014. I'll take some more pics when I get a chance and will post them up. Let me know if anyone has any other questions and I'll do my best to help out!

#8 ·
Lo and behold, they had a gorgeous 2014 fresh off the truck. I'm totally in love with the car. It's the base automatic model but it feels premium. It drives like a dream and looks super cool. Kia's really put some effort into these cars and it shows.
Dripping with envy, jealous to boot.

#9 ·
Beautiful! Congrats and welcome to the forum! :)

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2 with Swiftkey 3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.