Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my 26300-35505 oil filters.
These are Kia's newest incarnation that even my local dealer doesn't have yet.
Even has the stylized "H" on the relief valve (much to my surprise)
Final cost $3.25 per filter shipped.
Scooooooooore!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
At that price I wouldn't want to use an aftermarket. Good deal.
Truthfully...even at dealer prices (around 6-7.00) I still think o.e.m. is the way to go.
This, mind you...is coming from a guy who has used purolators and their cheaper sister company powerflo most of his life.
I was buying powerflos (14459) by the dozen for 99 cents each back in the day-day (2004-2011)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Great price, IF you're going to change your own oil.

How about FREE? That's what I'll be paying for the next few (?) years, as My KIA dealer will be doing all my oil changes, as a part of my extended maintenance program.

For the past seven years, I've done my own oil changes in my back yard. I bought my KIA filters from my KIA dealer and I kept all my receipts. So with my dealer, there was never a question about me performing enough maintenance on my Soul.

Cheers Mates and Happy Independence Day!

View attachment 121023

Attachments

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great price, IF you're going to change your own oil.

How about FREE? That's what I'll be paying for the next few (?) years, as My KIA dealer will be doing all my oil changes, as a part of my extended maintenance program.

For the past seven years, I've done my own oil changes in my back yard. I bought my KIA filters from my KIA dealer and I kept all my receipts. So with my dealer, there was never a question about me performing enough maintenance on my Soul.

Cheers Mates and Happy Independence Day!

View attachment 121023
Was that "extended maintenance" program "free" I wonder?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
You're such a Jokester! Heck NO it wasn't free! I didn't even know I was buying it till after all the papers were signed. Another case of "Buyer Beware".

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
You're such a Jokester! Heck NO it wasn't free! I didn't even know I was buying it till after all the papers were signed. Another case of "Buyer Beware".

Another buyer asleep at the wheel!
Next time be sure to take your afternoon nap before venturing out to purchase a vehicle.
Might keep you from purchasing the wrong vehicle or stuff you don't want or need?
Ginkgo might not be a bad idea either...

·
Registered
491 Posts
I bought the extended maintenance on my 2018, but I deducted it as an expense on my 2018 taxes. My local dealership charges me $15 for the oil change if I bring in the oil and filter myself. Beats the ridiculous $45 fee they charge. I used to do my oil changes all the time for my GTO (mostly because I hated people touching her), but it gets a little tiresome taking the oil in for recycling, making sure I'm not over filling it, etc. Even with a Fumoto valve, which made it extremely easy to drain the oil, I'm ok with someone else doing the work.

OH and per Amazon on that model # of oil filters "This does not fit your:
2020 Kia Soul
"

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Another buyer asleep at the wheel!
Next time be sure to take your afternoon nap before venturing out to purchase a vehicle.
Might keep you from purchasing the wrong vehicle or stuff you don't want or need?
Ginkgo might not be a bad idea either...
Try having a Stroke and see how swift you are. OH, and I'm 16 years older than you are. I was riding my first Harley while you were still crapping in your diaper. Eh?

And, how about stopping with the oldster jokes. Not appreciated! OK?

:cool:

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Try having a Stroke and see how swift you are. OH, and I'm 16 years older than you are. I was riding my first Harley while you were still crapping in your diaper. Eh?

And, how about stopping with the oldster jokes. Not appreciated! OK?

:cool:
What goes around...comes around!
Now...you're the one crapping in YOUR diapers, Ehhhh?
F.W.I.W...I'm "16 years" your junior and power naps are an integral part of my day so No "oldster jokes" were inferred or implied!
"Asleep at the wheel" implies you were not paying attention when you signed the papers and purchased the car.
Was it not you who actually brought home the wrong model only to have to return it? (I.T.I.W.)
Was it not you who signed off on an extended warranty without knowing you ever did? (I.T.I.W)
Look...don't go getting your depends in a bind here and remember to take your Metamucil and you'll be just a regular guy like the rest of us here!

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought the extended maintenance on my 2018, but I deducted it as an expense on my 2018 taxes. My local dealership charges me $15 for the oil change if I bring in the oil and filter myself. Beats the ridiculous $45 fee they charge. I used to do my oil changes all the time for my GTO (mostly because I hated people touching her), but it gets a little tiresome taking the oil in for recycling, making sure I'm not over filling it, etc. Even with a Fumoto valve, which made it extremely easy to drain the oil, I'm ok with someone else doing the work.

OH and per Amazon on that model # of oil filters "This does not fit your:
2020 Kia Soul
"
Here the thing I've never quite understood about the Fumoto valve...
I'm under the car, hands dirty from changing the oil filter, what's really being saved here?
The turn of a 17mm bolt?

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TXS said: "OH and per Amazon on that model # of oil filters "This does not fit your:
2020 Kia Soul""

I'd better alert Kia and let them know they've been manufacturing the wrong filter cause Amazon said so!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts