Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you think your kids are safe at school, think again. I work for the Durham District School Board and let me tell you, anyone can get into your school, at any time. I work at a school in south Oshawa and due to someone leaving a door open, anyone can enter at any time. Apparently it is a big joke to the administration. I know because I am caretaker and it happened to me. When I reported it to my boss, he thought it was funny. The safe school act, as implemented by the Provincial Government, is left up to the individual school to enforce. If you valoue your kids, checkwith your school to ensure they are enforcing the guidlines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
I too find it funny, why would the doors be locked to begin with?
seems stupid to me.
people need to start teaching their kids to be better people and to watch out for one another.
At no time did my school or any other in my area need to be locked down, no one was ever taken or hurt. (one friend of mine died in the classroom but thats not related to this)

Its seems that kids today are babied far too much and have become stupider, more dependant, lazier, and far more paranoid.

oh what our future has in store for the world.

is the shwa full of crack heads and diddlers or something?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Shwa has no more crack heads or diilers than any other city. I to went to school during a time when doors didn't need to be locked all the time. Unfortunately that time has come and gone. How many times, when you where in school, did they have Amber Alets for missing Children. There was no such thing when I was in school. How many people were stabbed or shot at your school? When I was in school, the worst that could happen to you was a fight after school . Times have changed and you are right, kids are babied more than they should be, and they are allowed to get away with more now.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
We had a lock down at our school when Gillian Hadley was held hostage and murdered by her husband on my street. They were not sure if he was still in the house or on his way to the school where I was serving pizza lunch to get the step daughter. The biggest fear I had was that if he came to the school and got in there would be no way to get out the windows as they had bars on them to prevent computer theft! That is a bigger issue. All classrooms should have 2 exits incase of emergency or fire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts