Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not posting this as an advertisement but was curious does anyone have the numbers of the actual production of the hamstar? I just think the factory custom ones are fun ...i have no idea if they will retain value more than normal.
I am sure it was a known number and I am extra curious if the number was like 500 and say only 10 of those were readers of the boards and what if one of the readers was the one that traded it in.
2011 Kia Soul ! in Mechanicsburg, PA- 11301159 at carmax.com
1440[1].jpg

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Despite the decals, that's a lot of money for a used car.
For just a few $'s more, you could get a new one.
Both financing and insurance favor a new car, over a used one.

47k miles, with poor maintenance, could have that car on its last legs. :(
It could be do for a tranny flush, radiator flush, new brakes, new tires, etc., etc., etc.

Just sayin'

:cool:
Happy 4th of July!

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,478 Posts
I hadn't heard of a "Hamstar" version before. It looks more like a local dealer promotion, with just the paint job on the hood & sides. Our dealer did one up promoting the local NFL team right before they lost the Super Bowl. It's still for sale sitting on their back lot.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Despite the decals, that's a lot of money for a used car.
For just a few $'s more, you could get a new one.
Both financing and insurance favor a new car, over a used one.

47k miles, with poor maintenance, could have that car on its last legs. :(
It could be do for a tranny flush, radiator flush, new brakes, new tires, etc., etc., etc.

Just sayin'

:cool:
Happy 4th of July!
A new model Exclaim with these options will cost over $25k

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,478 Posts
I've seen one. Its a kia special edition just like the ignition, denim, and dragon. I'm not sure how many were made though.
I'd be embarrassed to drive that special edition.

Reactions: Buzz

·
Registered
552 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah it is a bit of an attention getter :)
I would just remove all the vinyl stickers and hope that he paint would not follow suit.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I think it is a "fun" SE but not one I'd want to drive unless you remove the graphics. Then there is the White Tiger Edition that is sort of cut from the same cloth. Kinda goofy decals but I do like the leather interior, some interior extras, custom wheels and body kit. I think all the 2011 Special Editions were when KIA was still trying to sell the car to twenty-somethings. Then they figured out that the car was selling to their parents and grandparents instead. $15K for that car is nuts. I know of another low mileage SE that the dealer is asking $14K for and I think that is nuts as well...given the price of a low mileage 2014 these days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts