·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,802 Posts
They're working their way slowly from discounting so much on Sedonas, Optimas & Sorentos up to Cadenza & K900. High end Sorentos are in the $40k.

Building quality cars & being able to charge for them is their goal, a sound business model. It takes time.

What surprises me is how the Sedona minivan is a runaway sales success. As of May, year to date sales have skyrocketed 422% from the same period last year. I'm curious the profit margin it has. They are very nice.

·
Registered
177 Posts
They're working their way slowly from discounting so much on Sedonas, Optimas & Sorentos up to Cadenza & K900. High end Sorentos are in the $40k.

Building quality cars & being able to charge for them is their goal, a sound business model. It takes time.

What surprises me is how the Sedona minivan is a runaway sales success. As of May, year to date sales have skyrocketed 422% from the same period last year. I'm curious the profit margin it has. They are very nice.
I'm watching how the Sedona goes over the next three years. That's about when I would be planning on trading in my '15 Soul for something else. The Sedona is a very popular vehicle in my area but I still tend to see a LOT more Souls on the road in comparison.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
"Unit " ie auto volume is up in the US but global "unit volume is soft , $ Sales and Gross $ margin are down , their $ sales margins are declining due to exchange rate and sales costs .
My point exactly. You posted how now would be a good time for a deal to get vehicles moving off the lots. Unless you meant in Croatia or the Ukraine somewhere, here in the U.S. they are moving off the lots just fine, I.E. all time highs. In fact I would not doubt if they try to lessen how much off the list they will go.

·
Registered
177 Posts
One of my friends worked for a few years for a Ford/Kia Dealer in PA, USA. He has since moved back to GA, but, he was telling me that they couldn't keep the Souls on the lot. I'll have to ask about the other models, but, I had mentioned to him about my wanting one on several occasions.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,802 Posts
I just bought my 15 Soul. Before mine was done, another one was pulled up front for someone else buying one. Soul sells very well still.
Its amazing really. A Kia Soul is essentially sold every 3 minutes, 24 hours a day, every day of the year in the United States alone. Imagine keeping up with that production pace & maintaining high quality.

Reactions: tampa8

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Kia an Hyundai are selling cars as fast as they can produce them. They used to import and store enough to meet any demand internally but due to higher demands than they anticipated people here are having to wait for some models. Over past 5 years cars have been inflated in price to match competition prices and with such demand the only Real bargains will be with out going models. This seems to be world wide trend once trade is established.
Only reasons Sales profit will be down is those clever bankers and accountants.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Not one bit an exaggeration, the dealer just up the road from me is one of or is the highest volume dealer in the Country and it gets daily shipments of new cars, and I have seen multiple deliveries a day. The KIA dealer on the same road just up from the Hyundai dealer is small in comparison, but you can see the cars on the lot dwindle each week till another shipment is received.

There are rarely salesman standing outside as you often see at other dealers, I imagine too busy writing up sales.
Hyundai of New Port Richey - Tampa Bay & Spring Hill

·
Registered
90 Posts
When I bought my Soul a month ago, the salesman said the only models staying on the lot longer than a week or two were base model, stick, Latte Brown ones. Apparently the Forte hatch also doesnt sell all that well around here but everything else just flies

1 - 12 of 12 Posts