Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well our short stint in being a Soul mate has ended. Some stupid with a phone decided it was more important than driving on his side of the road. Thank the Lord we survived and we truly believe some divine help and Kia’s design help is what saved us. I will never buy a car without side airbags again. We were at least airborne for a bit, we thought at first we rolled but looking back at the skid marks in the grass makes it look like there wasn’t enough room to flip over 360. We only had a few bumps and bruises. Anyway, we loved her, may she Rest In Peace.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,998 Posts
So glad to hear you all are ok. Mocha gave it's life to save yours. What a trooper!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm so sorry, but so glad you guys made it through as well as you did.
It hurts just to look at the pictures.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Wow...glad you're OK and ready to pick out another Soul? I'm starting to think anyone the authorities deem to be the guilty party in any accident and who can be proven to have been on there phone....needs to be heavily fined. I ride motorcycles and bikes, as do many of my friends and just too many close calls. And worse.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,998 Posts
Wow...glad you're OK and ready to pick out another Soul? I'm starting to think anyone the authorities deem to be the guilty party in any accident and who can be proven to have been on there phone....needs to be heavily fined. I ride motorcycles and bikes, as do many of my friends and just too many close calls. And worse.
I agree. It's against the law here, but it doesn't seem to have stopped anyone from being on the phone while driving. If anything, it's getting worse. I see people going down the freeway, 10 mpg under the speed limit having a texting session. Crazy o_O

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I agree. It's against the law here, but it doesn't seem to have stopped anyone from being on the phone while driving. If anything, it's getting worse. I see people going down the freeway, 10 mpg under the speed limit having a texting session. Crazy o_O
I believe it is against the law just about anywhere now GEO. The penalties are no where near severe enough, I believe anyone caught on a phone especially texting and driving should be subject to a large fine and a license suspension.

Pat.

Reactions: Buzz and GeoSoul
1 - 8 of 8 Posts