Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am setting up my 2020 Soul to be flat towed behind my RV (approved by a TSB), I have a supplemental brake system installed, my question to any others is what ignition switch position do you use while towing. Some say ACC, but it appears (tested on a hill) I can turn the key all the way off (saves battery) without removing the key and the steering will stay unlocked. Anyone able to share what procedure (key position) you use? TIA

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
For ages, every car I've owned/driven had the steering wheel LOCK, that is engaged when you turn the ignition key OFF and remove it.
If I were trying to tow my car behind some other vehicle, I'd NOT want the steering wheel locked! Eh? It has to be free to turn, to follow the towing vehicle.

"I can turn the key all the way off (saves battery) without removing the key and the steering will stay unlocked. "

So, reading your above comment, I can only say, "I don't get it !!!" That just does not conform to my own experience.

Why don't you discuss the topic with your KIA Dealer's service people?
Your car may be different than what I've seen in my own cars.

Stay Safe!
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
476 Posts
If towing behind a RV was approved by a TSB, the TSB should describe the proper method to tow under and with likely precautions?? No??

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I never did understand, why a car with a manual transmission could be towed, in Neutral, while a car with an AT cannot.
Of course, I never really checked into it. I've never really pulled/towed a car in my life. Trailers yes, but cars, NO!

I will however be interested in the outcome of this thread.

Cheers mates!
FLH :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts