Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a thread on this from a few years ago regarding gen 1 Souls.
Has anyone experienced rust on their Soul? Or performed any kind of rust prevention? Living in the rust belt has trained me to keep my cars extra clean in the winter months, however I've seen a lot of cars rot from the inside out. I bought a case of Fluid Film for spraying inside rockers, doors, etc to keep the moisture out. Anyone have insight on this?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Have you contacted Kia? I wanted to check on open recalls or tsbs. They told me I was eligible for the salt state campaign. The dealership is to do it and at no charge. Might look into it. It's a once only.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
If you haven't done so, register with the Kia Owners site. It will show any recalls and service information on your Soul, as well as service interval suggestions.

Kia Owners Portal

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have tried Fluid Film, but thought it was quite thick and was not likely to wick throughout the area (inside doors, rockers, etc). I have used various spray oils, which definitely wick well. I think it does help.

My Soul is a 2019 and has not been through a Michigan winter yet, but I will be oiling those spots soon. I also need to look at the rear wheel wells. Most cars have a pinch weld seam that is poorly sealed and allows salt water in between the inner and outer fenders. With some previous cars, I have used spray oil in that seam, and a few weeks later caulked it. I think it helps. A couple of rust-prone cars I have had, had less rust/no rust when compared to others I would see around. Plus, I am pretty meticulous with hosing the undercarriage, wheel wells, and other nooks and crannies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts