Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 kia soul + and both front doors have rust on the rear window pillar behind the accent tape. I have never seen this on any other Kia Souls

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have a 2011 kia soul + and both front doors have rust on the rear window pillar behind the accent tape. I have never seen this on any other Kia Souls
Neither our 2010 nor 2012 have shown any evidence of rust anywhere. Can you post a picture? Might help with diagnosis.

·
Registered
270 Posts
This is on both doors, not as bad on passenger side
That is a mystery. Are you in the snow belt? Looks bad enough to have a rust through under it. Try scraping the rust off and see what appears. Look for any way water could have gotten under the paint.. There are several rust stopping paints and coatings available.Try to fix it before it gets worse.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Hey eddy, is it just the replaceable blackout tape that has ulcerated or is it rust?

2010 Door Frame Tape

·
Registered
82 Posts
Impolite question follows: How often do you wash the Soul and then apply wax?

In the meantime, I would get a metal brush, perhaps some grinding tools and then some wet/dry paper or similar and remove every last spec of rust. Then carefully fill and/or paint starting with a base coat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts