Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with Nokian tires?
I am considering them with some aftermarket wheels.
So far am am content if not impressed with the stock Nexens.
These "Prizs" do seem far superior to the "CP's" that came stock on my 2012 soul.
Any input is appreciated!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Can't help you with Nokian's as I've never used them. Do see them on a lot of cars tho. I'm content with the OEM Nexan's and would get them again if the price is reasonable. With 32K on mine, they still have considerable tread, run quiet, and are wearing evenly. I'd guess they are good for another 15K at least.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I inadvertently purchased them.
I say "inadvertently" because I was registering on the tire site for an additional discount and the purchase was made without me actually authorizing the transaction.
Their site it a tad hokey and it skips several steps in the paypal process as you checkout.
I use paypal regularly so I am all too familiar on how the checkout procedure is structured.
At $52.00 each delivered though (225/55/16H) I'm not crying too loud. (rated at 75k miles)
Will sell them if my aftermarket wheel plans fall through.
We shall see...

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
I could go as large as 235/55/16 but couldn't find any reasonably (cheap...cheap...cheap) priced!
I had a similar problem with my 2013 when looking for cheap but good 15s. What I was presented with were Yokohama, BF Goodrich, and some off brand that were reasonably priced and purported to be "good" tires. After some research, I found the Yokohama tires to be the best selection based on review and assessment articles that I cam across. They were also the most expensive but I wasn't interested in the 50 to 75 dollar tires that did not have good reviews. They were 125 bucks a tire, mounted, balanced and included a front end check. They are still in good shape and this was three years ago.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I've had good results with Yokohamas too. Quiet too.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've run several tires over the years including:
1-Falken (sticky but fast wearing)
2-Hancook (hard and uncommunicative)
3-Cooper CS5 (Great all around tire)
4-Cooper RS3 G1 (super sticky but hydroplane too easily)
5-Nexen H7 Priz (too soon to tell)
My 2012 soul went 75k in NYC without a wheel alignment.
All tires (Nexen CP, Cooper CS5, Cooper G1) however fast they wore, wore evenly edge-edge.
Testament to build quality on these mean streets in NY.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 2013 when looking for cheap but good 15s. What I was presented with were Yokohama, BF Goodrich, and some off brand that were reasonably priced and purported to be "good" tires. After some research, I found the Yokohama tires to be the best selection based on review and assessment articles that I cam across. They were also the most expensive but I wasn't interested in the 50 to 75 dollar tires that did not have good reviews. They were 125 bucks a tire, mounted, balanced and included a front end check. They are still in good shape and this was three years ago.
Would you mind sharing as which tires you bought from Yokohama, I to am starting the research on tires and like everyone else looking for great tire for little money

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
Would you mind sharing as which tires you bought from Yokohama, I to am starting the research on tires and like everyone else looking for great tire for little money
AVID Touring-S, 195-65-15R Fifteen inch tires are getting more and more scarce since the cars are not seemingly using them as much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am not a "newer" generation owner. Mine is a 2013.
Bought as a extra vehicle. Could not be happier with everything about it.
Tires: the OEM Nexem(16")did last well over what I expected.
50k miles. However,they were hard riding.I installed a SSD front bar.
GREAT Mod.The handling on the vehicle improved to almost sportscar.
Ride etc the same.
I recently installed a set of Michelin Defenders.Unbelievable difference in the ride,
quiet etc.
I guess you get what you pay for...
Back to the SSD bar.Very pleased about same.
IMO--stock shocks/struts on the Soul are not the higest quality to access all weights.
The valve design does not allow for the variances.
Again,you get what you pay for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts