Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a '12 Soul. The rubber around the door (on the body of the car) is loose on my right passenger rear doorway. I can see where there may have been mounting clips of some sort in the past, but now it is just placed. It stays for the most part, but I'd like to make it more secure. I am loathe to remove one of the other moldings, in case I cannot reattach it. Anyone know what I need to do?

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,870 Posts
I have a '12 Soul. The rubber around the door (on the body of the car) is loose on my right passenger rear doorway. I can see where there may have been mounting clips of some sort in the past, but now it is just placed. It stays for the most part, but I'd like to make it more secure. I am loath to remove one of the other moldings, in case I cannot reattach it. Anyone know what I need to do?
Can you post a photo?

Reactions: bassicallyjim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you post a photo?
Hi...I live in Oklahoma and it was hotter than Hell on a bad day here, and the rubber on the front and back drivers side doors fell off...which also seemed to be the side that faced the sun most of the day. I got a tube of 3M Rubber and Gasket adhesive, cost roughly $10, get at any parts store, Amazon, etc. Then I dry-fitted the gasket back on the door and made a few pencil marks to help line it up correctly, and I put on a pair of disposable gloves and used a plastic knife to evenly spread the adhesive a few inches at a time on the gasket on the inside surfaces that "grasp" the door edge, then put it back on starting in a top corner and working down. I also did this in the morning before the temp outside got too hot...there is a temperature range and drying time on the package. Pretty simple, but not a lot of do-over wiggle room, so take your time and do it right! I also used rubbing alcohol and a microfiber cloth to clean dirt and oils off all bonding surfaces on both the door and gasket. I am a 64 year grandmother and I really did not have any problems at all, so it is definitely a fairly easy fix...Go for it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi...I live in Oklahoma and it was hotter than Hell on a bad day here, and the rubber on the front and back drivers side doors fell off...which also seemed to be the side that faced the sun most of the day. I got a tube of 3M Rubber and Gasket adhesive, cost roughly $10, get at any parts store, Amazon, etc. Then I dry-fitted the gasket back on the door and made a few pencil marks to help line it up correctly, and I put on a pair of disposable gloves and used a plastic knife to evenly spread the adhesive a few inches at a time on the gasket on the inside surfaces that "grasp" the door edge, then put it back on starting in a top corner and working down. I also did this in the morning before the temp outside got too hot...there is a temperature range and drying time on the package. Pretty simple, but not a lot of do-over wiggle room, so take your time and do it right! I also used rubbing alcohol and a microfiber cloth to clean dirt and oils off all bonding surfaces on both the door and gasket. I am a 64 year grandmother and I really did not have any problems at all, so it is definitely a fairly easy fix...Go for it!
Cool. Thanks! I may investigate how it was orginally attached, but this sounds like it has worked, so I may give it a shot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts