Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, end of summer and the road crews around here are in a mad panic to get the streets done before the horror of Winter arrives. With it comes tar balls, boulders and pot holes the size of Volkswagens. Some of the streets have been "shaved" of their top layers and dodging the remaining manholes that sit 6" above grade can be challenging. I wondered if I had shocks/struts left!

Alas, my Soul did not fare well as it was dark and pouring down rain when....you guessed it...I hit a boulder which bounced up and took a gouge out of the paint on the driver's side running board. Ouch. First major boo boo. At least it's on the underneath side in the textured area. I was so mad! Hoping the paint pen I've yet to pick up at Kia will work. I'd love to send a bill to the city just to see what reaction I get. I'm guessing 'round file.'

·
Registered
690 Posts
long time ago I read somewhere you can claim through state if vehicle is damaged due to road work. what had occurred to you is definately negligent and state should pay. I have two travel hockey players so we travel alot on NE highways and I encounter what you experienced time-to-time. It feels/sounds horrible when I don’t have control. As soon as I “step” on the shaved surface and hear pelleting pebbles on the body and windshield, I can only hope I can make it to the next paved surface without any serious damage. My 2010 RX350 have front and windshield typical of old vehicles that spend lot of time on the interstate highways. Pitted front bumper and hood is acceptable but pitted windshield looks bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts