Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My pretty well taken care of kia Soul, purchased brand new in 2012 (i'm th eoriginal owner) and with 64K miles on it gave me some trouble this morning.
Car is garaged and I drive it daily for short fairly rides (from 1 mile to 4 miles) I do these short commutes 4 to 6 times per day with occasional longer rides.
Car acted weird and the gear shifted automatically but rough.
Gear shifts and then pulls or engage... I stopped and restarted the car, same thing, even in reverse.
tried with manual shifting, same thing, once gear is engages it's fine but gearing up or down created that rough pulling shortly after...
I got to where I wanted and later tried again, same thing, my friend drove it and floored it and afterwards car was super smooth again.
I'm happy it's good now but fear it could happen again or would like to understand the root cause.
Could it be the battery ???
The transmission?
I never changed the transmission oil, how can I even check that (no dip stick)

Any suggestion so that I don't get stuck with my kid?
Thank you

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have a 12 as well. No issues with the trans other than the hunting the box does with a smaller engine. I would suggest having the trans fluid changed. I do that at 50,000 miles or 5 years. Relatively cheap insurance. Most modern auto trans I have seen have eliminated the stick and the only way or the average person to check it is to have it serviced. No leaks that you have seen?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts