Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks , as promised I was able to source the stock #s for the rails that come on Canadian "New" Soul's with the Panoramic Roofs . see pic below ( note , rails not cross bars )
These are stocked in the Kia Canadian Parts warehouse in Toronto .

There are 12 parts in total , but the main 2 rails are : RH Rail #87280-B2500 - $ 311.88 CDN
LH Rail # 87270-B2500 - $ 311.88 CDN

All the other parts , plus these add up to $891.76 CDN , not cheap ! But for our US friends your $ is worth about $1.20 .

I'm happy to scan the document with the balance of the #s if anyone is interested .

Cheers Tails -Kia.jpg

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
have to be very careful with this for US owners, as they may not have the necessary fittings to hold it in place, this is what happened on the G1 rails that were different on Canadian models. The Canadian models had special welded brackets put on at the factory to accommodate our rails, so it was just not feasible to fit them on US models.

What we need from someone is the what it looks like underneath when you remove a Canadian side rail.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have confirmed with Kia Canada that these rails will fit all Gen II Souls with the factory roof bolt fitment threaded holes which are covered with the plastic fascia strips , There are 2 "caps" on top of each rail which align with the factory bolt holes so it looks like they are Universal .The Kia rep assured me they wouldn't make a unique fitment for a small market like Canada ............I see the same rack is on the European models as well , if I can assist with any more info or help with an order let me know . I've put my dealer on notice that some US folks my want to order and of course they are certainly happy to oblige ..............
Cheers

·
Registered
847 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I ran the part numbers and found a supplier here in the states for a much better price. They come in at $131.00 each plus shipping.

RACK ASSY-ROOF RH | Genuine Kia | 87280-B2500

RACK ASSY-ROOF LH | Genuine Kia | 87270-B2500

Mark
That's great ! there are a bunch of other pieces too , ask them for the Total assembly , who was the supplier ? I'm looking for another couple of things and have the #s . PM me if you would rather keep your source cool or I can send you the part #s I'm looking for .....
Cheers

·
Registered
847 Posts
Quirk Kia is a local to me (MA) Dealer and a major online parts supplier. I am thinking for under $325 plus shipping you can get the whole package. No mystery I just googled the kia part numbers.

Mark

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quirk Kia is a local to me (MA) Dealer and a major online parts supplier. I am thinking for under $325 plus shipping you can get the whole package.

Mark
Thanks Mark , I'll check them out , if they could ship to Blaine Washington I could pick them up there.............

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sent them my request and they responded immediately , obviously they are closed but nice to know they got my part # and will get back to me soon , thanks again !

·
Registered
847 Posts
When you get a chance please put together a list of all the parts needed for the rails as I will get a set. Thanks for the great info.

Mark

·
Registered
847 Posts
These rails will work on a Soul without the panoramic roof yes?

Mark

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When you get a chance please put together a list of all the parts needed for the rails as I will get a set. Thanks for the great info.

Mark
Here is the complete list from Kia Canada:

RH Rail # 87280-B2500
LH Rail # 87270-B2500
R FR Rail Cover #87252-B2500
L FR Rail Cover #87251-B2500
R R Rail Cover #87262-B2500
L R Rail Cover #87261-B2500
R R End Piece #87244-B2030
L R End Piece #87234- B2030
Nuts ( 12 pcs ) # 13271-06007K

Good Luck

·
Registered
847 Posts
Looks like $389 for everything plus shipping. Not bad at all.

Mark

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like $389 for everything plus shipping. Not bad at all.

Mark
Honestly that sounds cheap for what they are , they are incredibly quiet and look clean and integrated on the car . I think I posted the part # for the cross bars in an earlier thread , hopefully they stock those as well .........hope it all works out !

·
Registered
847 Posts
Honestly that sounds cheap for what they are , they are incredibly quiet and look clean and integrated on the car . I think I posted the part # for the cross bars in an earlier thread , hopefully they stock those as well .........hope it all works out !
For dealer parts it's a very good deal as they usually hit hard at every turn.

Mark

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I was reading this post about the parts for the Canadian Roof Rails and went to Quirkparts and ordered everything. Does anyone know of anyone that has had them installed on a US 2015 Kia Soul ! with the dual pano roof? I only ask cause in reading my window sticker it says under additional equipment installed it states: Panoramic Sunroof w / Power Sunshade ( Deletes Roof Rack Ready Mounting Points). Though once again I see the Canadian Souls with dual Panoramics with the rails so has anyone that you know of confirmed it worked? I asked Quirkparts to see if they could verify and they could not. The parts took a week to come in but they are in now so I wanted to double check before they shipped.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi, I was reading this post about the parts for the Canadian Roof Rails and went to Quirkparts and ordered everything. Does anyone know of anyone that has had them installed on a US 2015 Kia Soul ! with the dual pano roof? I only ask cause in reading my window sticker it says under additional equipment installed it states: Panoramic Sunroof w / Power Sunshade ( Deletes Roof Rack Ready Mounting Points). Though once again I see the Canadian Souls with dual Panoramics with the rails so has anyone that you know of confirmed it worked? I asked Quirkparts to see if they could verify and they could not. The parts took a week to come in but they are in now so I wanted to double check before they shipped.

Thanks,

Scott
Does your car have the plastic caps covering the attachment points ??

1 - 20 of 50 Posts