Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 White EX Soul With Designer Package
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a coupon in the mail for 20% off any parts purchase.So, just out of curiosity I called the parts department of my dealer to get a price on roof cross bars for my 2020 EX. What a bargain, I can take 20% off $352. Forget that!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
That's OK.....cross bars HOWL in the wind.

I would like to have the side rails, but NOT the cross bars.

:cool:

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul S
12 Posts
I bought these from Amazon and they only cost $108. it was interesting to install them as there were no instructions with them, but I figured it out. I've left them on, even though I didn't intend to leave them on in the first place. I might take them off, not sure. They don't make any/much noise that I can hear, and the display said I got 41.6 mpg on a 120 mile highway trip a couple of days ago, so I expect to leave them on. They do have locks, but I don't think a screwdriver would be stopped by these locks. I will be able to carry my kayak on top of my Kia Soul now. It's 14 feet long and weighs 80 lbs. Amazon.com: OMAC Roof Rack Cross Bars Luggage Carrier 2 Pcs. Black Set Fits Kia Soul 2020-2021 | Aluminum Black Cargo Carrier Rooftop Luggage Crossbars: Automotive

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul S
12 Posts
Very true, the reviews are terrible, but I decided to try it anyway as it was returnable. It was a real pain to figure out how to adjust the width as the front bar and back bar have to be about 2" different. There were NO instructions, but I'm mechanical and did figure it out. Then I had to be extremely careful about inserting and starting the screws into the car as the screws are not the best of quality. After I sprayed the screws and nuts with lub, it went together a bit easier. All those people who said it didn't fit probably didn't figure out how to adjust the width. I don't blame them, it was difficult. So I would agree that if you're not mechanical, don't buy them, else they are great. They are not noisy and the car says the mileage didn't go down from the 40 mpg I've been getting overall. I've put in one tank, so I can't be sure.

·
Registered
2021 Soul EX. Sparkling Silver. Black/Gray interior.
55 Posts
I bought the same ones. I've been pleased with them! They were a pain to install mainly because I had to apply enough pressure to align the mounts with the mounting studs welded to the top of the car.

I bought these from Amazon and they only cost $108. it was interesting to install them as there were no instructions with them, but I figured it out. I've left them on, even though I didn't intend to leave them on in the first place. I might take them off, not sure. They don't make any/much noise that I can hear, and the display said I got 41.6 mpg on a 120 mile highway trip a couple of days ago, so I expect to leave them on. They do have locks, but I don't think a screwdriver would be stopped by these locks. I will be able to carry my kayak on top of my Kia Soul now. It's 14 feet long and weighs 80 lbs. Amazon.com: OMAC Roof Rack Cross Bars Luggage Carrier 2 Pcs. Black Set Fits Kia Soul 2020-2021 | Aluminum Black Cargo Carrier Rooftop Luggage Crossbars: Automotive
View attachment 134750 View attachment 134751

1 - 9 of 9 Posts