Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
First of all, you are posting this in the wrong forum. It should be in the photo gallery forums and not the Aftermarket Modification Forums.

I can do that too.....
The first two, aren't photoshopped, but the last one is photoshopped ....

The first two, we had one of the members and poster on these forums (Team haymaker) hang out from his Soul while his buddy was driving it, and take rolling photos of the group of Souls as they were going by...

You see, in REAL Rolling photos, the background isn't in a Motion Blur most of the time except direct shots against the background.
Mostly, it's Photoshop creations that have the Blurred background to make it appear as the car is moving fast.

Here's my example:

the original image:
(My Soul is perfectly standing still)

And with the Photoshop filters, it is now moving 150 kms/hr ;) It makes a very nice and almost convincing effect.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
And here's one of Soul Sailor taken again from Team haymaker hanging out of his Soul:
She's on Vacation and cannot post at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,085 Posts
Moved to "Owners Photo Gallery"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my picture, actually, is real. it was taken by my best friend on our way to a car meet out of the window of another car, not photoshopped. though the photoshop pic of the white/cream soul is pretty cool

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
boomer, was you friend in a car beside you while taking this photo? Or was he/she on the side of the road and snapped it as you went by?
It's a Kewl shot!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Took this yesterday . . . . . (hope this counts ?)

Central Phoenix @ 1pm

My soul is rolling &

- - - - - This Unknown Soul was in front of me . . . rolling . . . . - - - - - - - -

:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
marc- he was driving in the lane next to me. my front wheel was at about the same spot as his back bumper and he had the 18-55 lens zoomed all the way out to give it that little bit of a fish eye effect nikons often do.

haymaker- those beamer shots on that website are bad ass. what kind of camera/lens do you use? the nikon cheap slr lenses dont pick up enough color without washing out the rest of the picture

rush- nice, ive been waiting for the day i can roll with more souls. the bay area is just not a hot spot for them i guess. but then again, it does make my car stand out even more that way haha

·
Registered
842 Posts
hey boomer, I was using a canon XSI with the kit lens (18-55), its the only lens im comfortable hanging out of a car window with.

heres what you need for a crisp rolling shot.
-camera car and photographed car need to be going the exact same speed,
-slow shutter speed, for starters, you can match the shutter speed to the speed then work the shutter speed down from there. for example if your driving at 60, shutter speed can be 1/60th, then try 1/40th and so on
-then hanging dangerously low out of a car for great angles

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Nice pictures. Thanks Marc for posting my rolling pic for me! I'm the second or third red Soul behind Marc. lol

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Here's another one of Soul Sailor racing at the track doing what she does best...driving while looking sideways ;)

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Here's another one of Soul Sailor racing at the track doing what she does best...driving while looking sideways ;)

She just needs a number 3 on each front door. The INTIMIDATOR lives!

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
that really is one scary look..... imagine sat at the lights and she pulls up alongside you.... you could feel her eyes burning into the side of your skull.....all the hairs on my neck just stood up....shudder.....lol

1 - 20 of 35 Posts