Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Rod and main replacement

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  bwdz75 
#1 ·
I have a 2015 soul + 2.0 with a spun rod bearing, it was running and not smoking when I got to it. I have bought a crank and rod from KIA but still trying to figure out bearings! There is a crazy color code, number code and letter code chart for figuring out which bearings you need for each position. Even the local machine shops are concerned about a 0.0000mm measurement between 4 options that only span 0.0120. However, there are actually stamps on the block, crank and rods that provide their measurements. I have found a chart for Optima and Sorento, but they don't match each other. Does anyone have a chart for the 2015 KIA 2.0. I have seen a lot of threads that need this information, but they are old threads with no closure. I honestly wanted a short or long block, but they are on national back order, I believe that is because we average people don't have the basic and simple info to fix them. I appreciate any productive help and I will continue to update this thread with progress so everyone has the information they need to repair what seems to be a very common problem.

#2 ·
The short and long blocks were available as of a week ago and I had no problem ordering them, perhaps check again as I am not aware of a back order. If you are going to proceed with the crank replacement I will get you the info you need to identify the marks and colors so let me know and I can get it for you and PM you the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.