Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello NESC.
I would like to host a Soul/Forte meeting in Richmond,Va at Pearson Kia on 06AUG11 from 1p-5p. I offered two dates to the dealer and he said that the
6th of August was the best date for him. The dealership is offering to supply the grill, food, and beverages (non-alcoholic). The dealer is going have 2 demo vehicles available to give new owners an opportunity to learn more about their vehicles. The Service team will be at the meet to assist with Soul and Forte info and maintenance.

I requested the dealer to contact as many New Soul/Forte owners as possible. He stated in the past month they have sold 23 Souls. There will be ample parking and a 20 foot Hamstar. The dealer has also offered some space indoors for vinyl installs, etc.

I hope that we have a good turnout. This dealer and many folks in the Richmond area have never seen a customized Soul. This is the same dealer that was floored by our Souls and our turnout at the Wheeler event.

Part two: Have you ever wanted real proof of the gains a combination of engine mods have made? I have contacted a local dyno shop. They are willing to offer a discount on dyno pulls if we can get at least 10 members on the dyno. The normal price is $80/3 pulls with air and fuel printout. If we can get 10 Souls on the dyno, he'll cut the price to $65. If we can get 12 on the dyno, he'll cut the price some more. The dyno time is about 30"/vehicle. The owner is a car nut and is interested in NESC and KSF. The dyno shop is open from 10a-4p on Sat.
The owner requests that at least one hamster attend the dyno event.

Is there anyone interested in attending?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great! Please let me know if you plan to dyno so that I can get you a reservation.

·
Banned
252 Posts
I doubt Ill do that, seems like an awesome idea tho. But if it comes down to needing one more to join, let me know.
I just took off for that Friday before so Ill be coming down then, know of any good hotels nearby?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^Its ok. I hope to make it to Niagra Falls next year. We'll post plenty of pics.

@Xnine. Yes, there is a hotel right next to the dealership. Take a look at hotels near Innsbrook Pavillion (Cox rd) or near Virginia Center Commons.

·
Registered
15 Posts
v.a. dealer meet

hello, i am interested in coming to to meet , always a pleasure to meet fellow soul nuts, is it possible to get direction to the dealership, thanks for your time jersey soulin.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
We should be there....we are leaving for a little vacation 8-1-2011 from Virginia to Maine....to see a lighthouse and eat lobster!? Anyway we will leave from somewhere in Massachusetts the morning of the 6th so we should be able to make it to Richmond by noon....maybe.....I hope. The BlackRat will be 2000mi dirty but we will show up if nothing happens....like traffic or something. I hate to use them but is there a car wash close to the dealer?
chuck

·
Banned
252 Posts
jersey...I think a few souls are meeting in westminster md and driving down in a convoy if youd be up for that

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@ Black rat. Yes, the carwash that I use weekly is about 4 miles from the dealership.
@Jersey_Soulin. Richmond is about 5 hours from the Camden/Philly area. Straight down 95 South to 64 West exit 250 West continue about 5 miles to Pearson Kia 4190 Dominion Blvd, 23060

·
Banned
252 Posts
That sounds good tib...ill figure out this week if I am coming for sure...as explained in the facebook email

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Richmond meet

Hey to all. Life has been supa busy. I have been checking at the dealer for the flyer, but it is not email ready yet. We'll have to go without a flyer. This is my first hosting, soo the next one I'll take care of the flyer myself. The service manager has told me that he has arranged for some excellent door prices.
The general manager for the Chrysler dealership; and the district parts manager are planning on attending. Our enthusiasm for our rides has piqued their curiosity. They wanna see us.

BTW: I would appreciate little video support when I am on the dyno.:)

Here is the address for the dyno shop:
Performance Autosport inc.
2179 Tomlynn St. Richmond, Va 23230 804-358-2505

I would like us to meet around 10a on Saturday.

Our event at the dealership starts at 1p. Here is the address:
Pearson Kia
4190 Dominion Blvd
Glen Allen, Va
804-965-0200
I'm looking forward to meeting the Souls that I have not met at the previous meets.

Peace, Luv and Soul!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey to all. I have some Bad News. The dyno is probably going to be cancelled. Performance Auto has a shot at winning a race championship on the 6th. The gentleman the runs the dyno/tuning has to be at the track to support his team.
I have contacted the other dyno shop in town and they are already booked for this weekend. But they might be able to fit us in. I really doubt it. So instead of spending time waiting for a chance, I would like us to think about rescheduling a dyno day for NESC.

Oh yeah, I'm slightly bummed out. But its bounce back time!

The service manager at Pearson called to confirm that we were coming, I gave him an estimate of 10-13 Souls showing up.

See you on Sat afternoon at 1p.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Richmond meet

I want to thank everyone that took the time to come out to the Richmond meet. Gosh!! It was crazy hot with a dose of rain.

In attendance, we had 10 Souls and 2 Fortes, members of multiple forums, classic care enthusiasts, veterans and a service dog. Soul and Forte owners traveled from New Jersey and North Carolina to enjoy food, drink, comraderie and this slightly challenging road. The gentleman the lady from Kia were quite impressed with the turnout and every vehicle in the group. Thanks again! Maybe we can try a dyno run this spring.
Bing Maps - driving directions, routes, and traffic

1 - 20 of 20 Posts