Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Sounds good , is the muffler in the center of the exhaust system ( the one directly under the driver and pass.seats ) still intact ?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
No....that would be the resonator. I had it removed as well.
Actually .... On the 2014s and up , the muffler is in the center , and the resonator is at the rear . If you remove just the rear section , it makes it a little louder , but not dramatically .

That's why I asked if you just replaced the rear section with the muffler you bought, Or all of it , because it sounded a lot louder than I expected.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Everything from the cat back was removed. Then bent and welded in new pipe to the muffler. Then welded in the muffler.

No....that would be the resonator. I had it removed as well.
Actually .... On the 2014s and up , the muffler is in the center , and the resonator is at the rear . If you remove just the rear section , it makes it a little louder , but not dramatically .

That's why I asked if you just replaced the rear section in place of that muffler you bought . Or all of it , because it sounded a lot louder than I expected .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds great 3rd. Since I'm in MO as well, I tried to invite you to a few fb groups that I'm in but was unable to. Always looking to cruise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts