Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

New to the forum. Been searching for a while but now stumped and need confirmation. This is my first Kia so I'm learning as I go.

2018 Kia Soul Base. Approaching my first oil change. Could anyone confirm if anything (e.g. maintenance required light, oil change indicator, oil life monitor, etc.) needs to be reset after the oil change is completed? If so, what's the procedure to perform this reset? Unsure if this can be done (or even possible) on the Base model.

Asking because my last vehicle was a 2015 Toyota Corolla. After every oil change I had to reset the maintenance required light (even though it wasn't on) by simultaneously pushing the trip button and turning the key in the ignition switch on and off and so forth. It would reset the maintenance required light counter so that the light wouldn't come back on for another 5k miles to remind me of my next oil change.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
nothing to do or can do unless you have the Supervision cluster which you don't on the Base model. Some dealers put a sticker reminder on your windshield for the next service, which you can leave on as a reminder if you agree with them.

I have the Supervision cluster and I can reset the "service interval" reminder. Time and distance if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
When I get an oil change, I zero out the second trip odometer. That way I can easily check how many miles I've driven since the last change.
You know something, that's a damn good idea - I think I'm going to use that on my "B" trip odometer. I use "A" to tell me when I need to get gas - yes, I know I have a gas gauge, but I drive 600+ miles per week across two states and gas is a lot cheaper in one so I need to time my fill-ups properly. Started using the trip meter as a fuel gauge years ago when I had a vehicle where the gas gauge went dead and it was some outrageous price to replace, and have always done it since then. But I never use the "B" odometer, and even though I write down the mileage on the air cleaner I think this is a great idea for a quick glance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I also use the "B" for that purpose. Every fill up I go through and reset the 'A' trip per tank and the MPGs as well. Then I scroll back around and leave the 'miles to empty' as my daily view. This way I can see any issues effecting MPGs and get reminded how close I am to next service.

I'm typing this from the waiting room of my dealership while waiting for service. Somehow I hit it within 40 miles of being 'due'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts