Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took my 2011 1.6 soul in for a state vehicle inspection last week and was told I had a hole in a brake line and was heavily leaking brake fluid. I had checked the car over the night before and the brake reservoir was just a tiny bit low. So Ill hope I got lucky and happened to go in for the inspection at the perfect time just as the line failed and a game wasnt played.

So I just had them replace the rotted line. They replaced from where the rear brake hose joins the brake line and a good ways up for a couple hundred.

I was looking at the 2 brake hose sections at the rear wheels and it looks rusty and figure I should replace that to to be safe.

Wondering if going for OEM hoses is the best way to go or if brake hoses there are better aftermarket options. I see people say stainless braided hoses are best but I have not found any listed for the soul and not sure where to buy them from.

Seems fairly straight forward to replace the hoses, just threaded together and tightyen the connections. though im sure they will be rusted into any brackets holding them in place.

Anybody have any experience replacing the hoses?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just ordered some brake hoses myself for my 2011.

I went with oem. I was looking at the aftermarket but read that sunsong brand hoses are basically what every other brand reboxes and are supposedly fine.

But the sunsong rear hose was just the rubber section. Im changing them due to the ugly looking rust on the metal sections. Ive made it through 12 nasty road salt winters with oem hoses.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts