Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While working on my Soul I accidentally broke off the little nipple on the plastic airbox tubing. I called every junk yard in my area and they either aren't willing to sell me just that part or they don'
Capturee.PNG
t have any 2011 Kia Souls. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for the entire piping/tubing that runs from the top of the engine to the airbox filter? It has been broke for about a month and I haven't noticed any difference. Is it worth replacing? It is missing in the attached pic but that is the part I am looking for.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
621 Posts
mtm,
You are running with unfiltered intake air. Your engine could inhale a small rodent.
Here's a replacement part for a 1.6 liter engine AIR CLEANER INTAKE DUCT HOSE TUBE .

·
Registered
621 Posts
mtm,
Look for a 2011, 2.0 liter intake tube. Take a look for aftermarket cold air intakes for the 2.0 liter also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mtm,
Look for a 2011, 2.0 liter intake tube. Take a look for aftermarket cold air intakes for the 2.0 liter also.
Is eBay a good place to buy? Some of them looked cheap? Any recommendations for an aftermarket one?

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have had no problems buying from eBay. No recommendation on CAI's.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Heres some listings from ebay, just make sure it fits the 2010-11 2.0 and you should be good. The ebay cai intakes should be fine too if you want to go that route. It's just a metal tube with a filter on the end.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heres some listings from ebay, just make sure it fits the 2010-11 2.0 and you should be good. The ebay cai intakes should be fine too if you want to go that route. It's just a metal tube with a filter on the end.

Thanks guys. I just bought this one because it came with a K&N filter - COLD AIR INTAKE KIT FOR 2009 2010 2011 KIA SOUL WITH 2.0L I4+K&N Blue Red | eBay

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's close to what I have, mine is made by takeda but looks like it is routed the same way. Been running it for a few years now.
yeah I’m sure they are both similar since there’s no mass air flow sensor. I liked the Takeda but didn’t wanna spend too much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts