Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
replaced the fuel door ...

got a bunch of items I ordered since taking possession of my Soul back on Jan 2 but colder temps have me waiting till weather warms up a bit before installing as most are stick/tape mounted. But did take advantage of todays beautiful day to put on the mud flaps and put on the new gas cap cover...

simple enough change...remove 2 bolts...take off old cover...

put on new cover...

all of 10 minutes... surprised I didn't find some way to even screw this simple install...

afterwards found myself contemplating finding something to do to with that area where the fog lite go...have no intention of installing fog lites...

so for now... a little different...did put in a set of weathertech mats I got last week.. a bit pricey but in the end I think worth it...especially with the amount of junk winter weather has me bringing into the car on my shoes/boots...

still waiting on a few more orders coming in from Korea and China...have found it does take a bit longer than what we in this country are used to... is what it is...

having fun tho personalizing my little girl... think the wife is getting jealous too...in the beginning thought I was crazy when I told her I was buying a Soul...but having ridden in it now...understands why I enjoy driving it. And really doesn't mind when another package arrives in the mail.. doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand she'd rather have me spending my money on a 2600 lb hunk of metal than on a 110 lb shapely ...well you get the jest of it....

anyhow...getting impatient waiting for the spring temps to arrive...want to dress her. Suppose to be warm again tommorrow...maybe I'll try adding another piece and see how it adheres.

FWIW...when I mentioned in an earlier thread about adding mud flaps someone suggested I go with the OEM from Kia...advised me that the other ones other than Kia while available on EBAY and cheaper, may require modding to make them fit right...so taking the cowards way out, ordered the Kia's and as told...easy install...didn't even have to remove the tires. How about that...a guy who actually listened to someones suggestion...of course the wife would never believe it..we'll keep it it between us...ok.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I have not seen the "gas cap" cover before that you installed on your Soul.
Actually,your post mentioned gas cap . The part you removed from the Soul is called
the fuel door.I covered my stock fuel door with carbon fiber.
So now I am straight.
On your fog light area. There has been numerous threads on different ways to
fill in this area. I've done this myself.
I had no interest in doing operational fog lights. So, I fabricated faux lights using several
pieces to give the fog light look.
A look less inexpensive too.

Check other posts on fog lights for ideas.
Some are quite creative.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
decided to put these on today...

got some chrome trim in that pile of things waiting to go on that will compliment the handlles...

ah...what the heck...throw this on the back now too...

coming along.

Guess it ain't hard to figure out the theme of the dressing will be chrome...

·
Registered
11 Posts
dcinct - The fuel door looks sweet! Now you have me thinking if I should do something similar to my Soul. I'm looking forward to seeing the other mods when the weather breaks!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I like your chrome accents.
You must be in the same mindset as I am.
I've added chrome trim in various other areas on my Soul.
Suggest you consider using some thin 1/4" chrome mold below and
above the rear window. Also,below the side widows.
Also add 1/2" at the side rocker panels.
These chrome trims underline. They really break up the dull flat body panels.

Got to do something on those wheel covers though. They cheapen the look of the
great stuff you are doing.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
yeah, found several other covers before settling on my choice...just thought it went better with the black...overall once it was on, was glad with my choice.

On the chrome, had a black cruiser and found pretty much anything chrome looks great on black, so while black was not my preference when i was shopping for a car, I'm having fun dressing the new ride...

right now waiting in "that pile to go on"

just waiting for a few straight warm days as the area where these will go are where the rollers at the car wash focus on when cleaning the sides of the car and i rather make sure the bond is set...

also have a set of window shades and waiting for the same reason...once applied will also get a better look at what i wish to do in that window area...

as for the wheels it pretty much is a no brainer the stock caps have to go...yes...boring.....and while eventually I see a set of wheels going on, for now wheel covers fit better into my budget and also allow me the freedom to change off for a different look if I choose...easier to invest $50 on a set of covers vs $400-$500 for a set of wheels...money I rather spend dressing up other areas of the Soul..

have found these and still looking...

presently waiting to arrive in the mail...

as well as some inside comfort items...

next on the list will be a spoiler and perhaps some inside chrome trim.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
yeah, found several other covers before settling on my choice...just thought it went better with the black...overall once it was on, was glad with my choice.

On the chrome, had a black cruiser and found pretty much anything chrome looks great on black, so while black was not my preference when i was shopping for a car, I'm having fun dressing the new ride...

right now waiting in "that pile to go on"

just waiting for a few straight warm days as the area where these will go are where the rollers at the car wash focus on when cleaning the sides of the car and i rather make sure the bond is set...

also have a set of window shades and waiting for the same reason...once applied will also get a better look at what i wish to do in that window area...

as for the wheels it pretty much is a no brainer the stock caps have to go...yes...boring.....and while eventually I see a set of wheels going on, for now wheel covers fit better into my budget and also allow me the freedom to change off for a different look if I choose...easier to invest $50 on a set of covers vs $400-$500 for a set of wheels...money I rather spend dressing up other areas of the Soul..

have found these and still looking...

presently waiting to arrive in the mail...

as well as some inside comfort items...

next on the list will be a spoiler and perhaps some inside chrome trim.
I believe your focus on using chrome design wise is smart.
I just would not use too much.
Small accents on your black Soul really work.

Understand the budget factor. We have all been there.
Wheel covers these days are sure much better than they used to be.
I like #553 in your pics since you have 15's. Possibly rather than a shiny
chrome,these are available in a hyper black as shown in the next photo
#555?Would look more up to date and expensive IMO.

The spoiler add is a fantastic idea. Yes,it is costly but really adds much to the Soul.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the 555's are listed as a gunmetal...whatever that is...figuring somewhat of a darker silver shade...right now leaning more towards the 553's but have to check out a set I saw at pep boys the other day. Still lots of chemicals on the ground around here so in no rush...figuring another month or so.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
the 555's are listed as a gunmetal...whatever that is...figuring somewhat of a darker silver shade...right now leaning more towards the 553's but have to check out a set I saw at pep boys the other day. Still lots of chemicals on the ground around here so in no rush...figuring another month or so.
Gunmetal is what was called with wheels as hyper black.
This is the current hot finish with wheels.
Sort of a chrome that has a smoke covering.
Check out new Lexus and others for this look.
Nissan uses it on the GTR.

IMO,unless I actually saw the covers in person,it would be
difficult to get a real feel for what they look like.
PepBoys usually has a good selection of wheel covers.
You can see them in person.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts