Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new here. I did a search on this and didn't find my answer. If it's out there, can you point me to the thread?

2011 Kia Soul !

I just learned that my front right marker light socket is cracked - causing my bulbs to short out. The dealer quoted me $500 to repair this. It sounds ridiculous to me since the socket itself is just about $4. But they tell me that the bumper needs to be removed in order to repair this. Does the price and repair make sense? How would I go about fixing this myself? Can it be done without removing body parts? If body parts need to be removed, how to do that?

Thanks a bunch. Hoping you all can help save me $496 !!!

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Are you talking about the one in the corner of the headlight? If so you can get to it from under the hood. A picture of offending light would help us greatly. However the bumper is easy to remove so if it does have to come off you could do it in less than 15 minutes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks - just picked the car up from the dealer. Looks like this is the faulty part. Contacts broken off the bulb holder.

A few questions:

Does this mean that the contacts inside the headlight housing could be broken off, too?
I haven't been able to find a replacement part online. Anyone know where I can find it?
If I can't replace it, do you think soldering on some copper to rebuild the contacts could work?

bulb_holder.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts