Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am a little new at this so please bear with me when I try to explain the parts. :)

I just purchased this 2015+ and when exiting a store, I noticed this nice chunk missing from the front bumper of the vehicle. The previous owner seemed to like to nick the car constantly.

My question is - is the red separate from the black? Does this lower piece come separate from the entire bumper? I was looking at a parts catalog and cannot quite tell what I will need. Anyone have experience with this? I have a way to get cheap parts as I work in the car industry but I know I want a professional to replace it.

IMG_3154[1].jpg
IMG_3153[1].jpg

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I think you will need to replace it if you want to look right. You didn't see that when you bought the car, and I have to think that is something a dealership would have fixed before selling.

·
Registered
2015 Base AT (1.6) Dirty Asphalt color ("titanium")
665 Posts
On a used car? I think most dealerships would leave it the way it is. (It looks like there's a bit of a nick on the red, too.) That appears to be part of what the shop book calls the "bumper cover", consisting of pretty much all the visible external plastic from the "mouth" to the underside and around to the wheel cutouts on the sides (behind it there's a sandwich of a thin stiffener on top and bottom, and an energy absorber in the middle). It appears to be one piece (in your case, probably overmolded together to get the different color).

How about using epoxy putty to fill the gap?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
On a used car? I think most dealerships would leave it the way it is. (It looks like there's a bit of a nick on the red, too.) That appears to be part of what the shop book calls the "bumper cover", consisting of pretty much all the visible external plastic from the "mouth" to the underside and around to the wheel cutouts on the sides (behind it there's a sandwich of a thin stiffener on top and bottom, and an energy absorber in the middle). It appears to be one piece (in your case, probably overmolded together to get the different color).

How about using epoxy putty to fill the gap?
On a 2015 vehicle yes they would unless they sold it for less then they otherwise could have. Sometimes if a car has several things wrong with it they will do that but not often. Though in this case the buyer didn't even notice it apparently so maybe they thought a buyer would ask them to fix it and they would have but since the buyer didn't ask they didn't offer. Dealers will even fix many dings on a two year old or so model car to get the maximum selling price.
BTW I re-read the original post he never said he bought from a dealer so that was an assumption on my part it could have been a private party sale.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm having trouble finding the lower piece of the bumper. You might have to contact the dealer to get the name and/or part # for that piece. I think it might be listed as a diffuser or deflector. It could also be that both the red and black piece are specific to the red zone edition too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts