Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm getting ready to replace my stock head unit with a Pioneer double-din system. One thing I'm doing is, pulling out one of my 12v connectors and putting in a flush mount USB unit in it's place that connects directly to the new stereo. Has anyone pulled this panel out before? I'm assuming I'll need to remove it in order to pull out the 12v connections and replace it with the USB. Maybe I'd get lucky and I'd be able to connect the Pioneer's USB directly to my existing USB slot, but I usually don't get that lucky... I just don't see any clear way to remove it, and I don't want to stick any tools behind it without knowing what I'm getting into. Any experienced advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
usb panel.jpg

·
Registered
78 Posts
This panel is held in with really strong snap in type snaps.
You would need to pry it but with something that will not gouge up your dash board (not a flat blade screwdriver)

I can take a picture in my car to show you how it's held in if you haven't done it yet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Luckily, when I swapped out the stereo, I was able to remove the panel just as you described. It wasn't to difficult. Thanks again!

·
Registered
243 Posts
A little late, but the best way I have found is to put my thumbs in the 12v sockets, index finger around the hinges for the caps. Pinch together and pull out and up at the same time being careful not to put any force on the actual cover doors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts