Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to remove the 3rd brake light from under the spoiler without also removing the spoiler? Anyone do it?

Looks like there is an allowance on the underside of the spoiler for the light. but is it enough clearance?

Anyone have any pictures of the backside of the light with detail of the washer nozzle? I would like to know if it is removable. Thinking it might be.

I was thinking if I could remove the nozzle that I could shave it down just a bit so that the jet sticks out more so the stream actually hits the glass face and not the corner edge of the glass.

Anyone with a 2017 that can tell us if Kia fixed this? Is still a drool or fan pattern?

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Is it possible to remove the 3rd brake light from under the spoiler without also removing the spoiler? Anyone do it?

Looks like there is an allowance on the underside of the spoiler for the light. but is it enough clearance?

Anyone have any pictures of the backside of the light with detail of the washer nozzle? I would like to know if it is removable. Thinking it might be.

I was thinking if I could remove the nozzle that I could shave it down just a bit so that the jet sticks out more so the stream actually hits the glass face and not the corner edge of the glass.

Anyone with a 2017 that can tell us if Kia fixed this? Is still a drool or fan pattern?
If you have an LED 3rd brake light it should clear. The 3rd brake light with standard bulbs needs to be lifted higher and interferes with the spoiler. I have an aftermarket spoiler that matches the factory one and my standard 3rd brake light isn't removable with the spoiler on.

The 2017's I've seen still just a drool like the earlier models.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts