Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a pistol safe for cheap and had an idea.

I plan on installing it somewhere in my soul, for more security when I have to leave something in the car when I run into a store or something. Like videogame, tablet etc.. If someone does break in to the car they wont get anything good.

Going to bolt it in so cant just be ran off with.. After some looking seems like the back of one of the rear seats is bet as its steel and easy access. My question is does anybody know if there's a way to remove or just pull up the cloth like cover on the back of the rear seats? Looked quick last night but didn't really see how to pull it off. Just want to drill couple holes for bolts so I suppose I could go through the fabric .

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I realize the back windows are difficult to see into but if a would be thief is able to see a little safe in the back of your car will it be a deterrent? Or encouragement? I'd put my tablet or video game under the seat.

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Seems like a lot of trouble for not much benefit, unless of course you are planning to actually put a pistol in it. The back cover material will come off, just take your time peeling it off. Once that cover material is off, then you will have the seat back exposed. I don't know how hard that is to get off. The cover material includes the cover to the spare tire area.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
I agree, not sure what model the OP has, but if you remove the underfloor cargo divider to create more room for the items (if they don't fit in the compartments) and also you will have to add support, but anyone looking in (which is not easy due to the dark tint) all they see is an empty cargo area - how would they know there is something under the floor?

If the OP as the Base model then he may not know about this feature. Needs to fill in in his profile (Shaggy you are slipping up on your link :sneakiness: )

this is all you see if they attempt to even see through the small side window or through the very dark hatch window)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hey jacobbones, if I sounded negative towards your idea it was unintentional. Just tryin to offer alternatives!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I have my rear seats folded forward with black auto carpeting (the thin cheap stuff you buy as replacement) that lays down across the rear seats and cargo area...looks like it is just protective covering for a dog...so flat things could be hidden. If you don't have a spare...probably enough room in the spare well...though if someone watching sees you lifting the tray and placing something in the spare area...I would not be too surprised if they broke into the vehicle. So hide the stuff before you leave for your destination.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Hey Conwel, does that rear mat bend forward if you put the rear seats down to lay something flat, or is it real rigid? I like that mat.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
Hey Conwel, does that rear mat bend forward if you put the rear seats down to lay something flat, or is it real rigid? I like that mat.
its totally flexible, bought from my dealer and got it in the day I picked up my vehicle - one of the best accessories and really worthwhile. It's made by Weathertech for Kia. If you buy it from the dealer it says Kia Motors on the label, from WT it says Weathertech.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts