Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost an argument the other day with my garage door. For the first time I ever recall, it failed to go up all the way, and as I always back into it, I was blissfully unaware of that fact..... Make a long story short: I heard/felt a screeching noise followed by the stinger antenna flying past the windshield. I pulled forward to survey the damage, and the stinger was busted at the threads, also the antenna base was torqued forward and bent where the threaded base goes into the panel just behind the sunroof. The panel behind the sunroof is warped, but repairable, and there are some scratches on it and the top of the hatchback that will buff out, no problem there.

The problem is, I'm going to obviously have to remove the rear part of the headliner to gain access to the bottom of the stinger base to replace it. Also will have to remove that panel that fills the gap between the sunroof and the hatch (non-structural panel, thank God), to pound it back into shape and remove the scratches.

Any "easy" way to remove that rear part of the headliner that anyone knows about, or would i be better off taking it in to have that part of it done? I am mechanically inclined but see no real easy way to remove that headliner......

Real pisser with only 750 miles on the car.....

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
I had to have the sunroof tracks replaced on my 2010 Exclaim. They had to remove half of the interior trim to get it down, took the tech most of the day to remove and reinstall. It was a real pain in the rear from what I could tell.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using the AutoGuide App.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Bummer... I'm really sorry to hear that...<:-(( I felt your pain just reading that... Hope you get it fixed good as New...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts