Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So I had dinner at Ruby's on the pier in O-Side last night, parked tot eh left of the pier, .312 Miles and the key FOB works!

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zUFjN2gCx7OM.kc6qwgMKZDv0

Anyone gone farther?

I have some ideas involving a dish to achieve more distance, for science!

Oh, and hello, longtime lurker since I bought my '14 Alien Green II Base 1.6, two months or so now, already at 6k miles. I travel San Diego to LA often.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
Hello,

So I had dinner at Ruby's on the pier in O-Side last night, parked tot eh left of the pier, .312 Miles and the key FOB works!

Anyone gone farther?

Oh, and hello, longtime lurker since I bought my '14 Alien Green II Base 1.6, two months or so now, already at 6k miles. I travel San Diego to LA often.
if you add that to your DRIVES info it would be a big help for us to answer/respond to future comments and questions and also indicate whether its MT or AT - thanks and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Works from outside my house at less than 30ft just fine. Thats about all I care about. When I was working I had an employee who bought a new Mustang. He parked it on the other side of the parking lot for the building we were in. About 1/2 mile. We had that area on camera and from inside our concrete building he was playing with arming and disarming. Of course he wanted me to drive him to his car when we were leaving! Stupid!

·
Registered
992 Posts
QUOTE=imelectronic;527465]Hello,

Anyone gone farther?

Oh, and hello, longtime lurker since I bought my '14 Alien Green II Base 1.6, two months or so now, already at 6k miles. I travel San Diego to LA often.[/QUOTE]

Want to go farther?
Touch and hold the key fob to your forehead and then press the button.
Greg

·
Registered
799 Posts
Want to go farther?
Touch and hold the key fob to your forehead and then press the button.
Greg
Biblical reference! Right hand or forehead! Scientists have found that a microchip could be powered by the electrical energy coming from the right hand or forehead of a human being. Just as stated in scripture thousands of years ago!

How this related to the distance enhancement of a car fob I could not guess!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Hello,

Anyone gone farther?
If you click the FOB, to unlock your doors, and then you take more than about 30 seconds to get to the car, you will find your doors locked. So just how far away from the car the FOB will work is totally immaterial. So don't click the FOB to unlock your car unless you're within less than 30 seconds walking distance of your car.
This is important if it's raining....so you don't get to your car and find it locked, and then have to fumble around with the Key-Fob to unlock the doors .....Again.

So how far it works is of no import....if you can't walk that far in 30 seconds.

Reactions: conwelpic

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yep. I open mine when I get to the doors and lock when I walk away from the car. Seems simple to me.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I get a real kick out of locking my doors as soon as I get out of the car, then as I walk away, I click the Lock Button on the key fob again and get the short BEEP!
Then I turn around and say to Gertrude "Stop that!". That gets a smile out of anybody close by.

So I have a lot of fun out of my Remote Locking Key fob.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts