Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the general release time for a new year model? Like when the 2012's will come out?

I have been looking around on the net and dealerships for possible purchases of my new soul. I'm taking my time as i want to see if any better deals or rebates come along to maximize any benefits, Right now Kia only has a $500 rebate that I know of on the soul. The other rebates I do not qualify for (Competitor, Military etc).

I would like to get one in the next month or two but I might just wait for the 2012's if there is going to be any significant changes.. I would love to get a sport model in a 5spd but I'm not sure how likely that is going to be since they scrapped it on the 11's from what I saw.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah, last year it was August (I think towards the end of the month) when the new 2011s hit dealerships and I'd expect the same this year for the 2012 model.

Sit tight at least until the NY Auto Show at the end of April when (hopefully) official info and pics of the 2012 Soul will be released.

Substantial improvements are expected including a 6 speed transmission, probably new engine, as well as some redesigning of the front and rear end. I am thinking MPG rating should increase to about 26 city/33 or 34 hwy (guessing from the Forte's rating - Forte is about the same weight as the Soul but of course is more aerodynamic).

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I think I am going to wait and see what the 12's will have in store before making my decision on buying one :D

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
But the rumors are that the 2014 model will run on a fuel cell powered with sewage - and, that msrp will begin at a dollar two ninety-eight !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts