Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Videos of a few different colors for the EX now available:

No videos of steel gray yet, which may be one of the best options for an EX since it matches the bumper accent and is a no-cost paint.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Doggone that is one of the most irritating voices I've ever heard.
LOL, they are two little guys, but nothing they can do about that. A base model without the chatter is available in this video:

One thing I abhor though is when manufacturers leave lots of really obvious blank buttons though with nothing on it. Its one thing not to have something, its another to be reminded by a huge non-functional button EVERY TIME you step in the vehicle. They really should have found some way around that. This LX also cuts too many corners IMO, as you see it has the spot for a two-level floor, and yet it doesn't come with the inexpensive little piece. Hubcaps in 2023 also seems outdated, just put cheap black alloy wheels on there.

Canada has a better build IMO, as even the base LX gets solar glass because nobody wants to roast, and four out of five trims have the LED headlights and taillights which again is important as that's a safety feature. I don't think I've ever seen a modern vehicle that didn't get a failing "POOR" grade for incandescent headlights in recent years from the IIHS. Even the sub $20K Ford Maverick hybrid pickup truck still has LED headlights.

The top of the line GT Line in Canada also gets cooled seats, yet in Texas we don't! Kia configurations are always so much better up North. Even the back seats it says are heated, way fancier top trim in Canada. :(
Font Number Screenshot Document Circle

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ain't gonna watch none of them videos or it might have me trading mine for one. ;)
Since its merely a refresh, I wouldn't be surprised if the LED taillights could just be bolted on to 20-22 models. The center grill insert with the new logo might fit too, but definitely not the headlights. Problem would be to get rid of the old Kia logo, it might have a locating hole where the logo plugs into, and so would not be as easy to debadge.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,723 Posts
LOL, they are two little guys, but nothing they can do about that. A base model without the chatter is available in this video:

One thing I abhor though is when manufacturers leave lots of really obvious blank buttons though with nothing on it. Its one thing not to have something, its another to be reminded by a huge non-functional button EVERY TIME you step in the vehicle. They really should have found some way around that. This LX also cuts too many corners IMO, as you see it has the spot for a two-level floor, and yet it doesn't come with the inexpensive little piece. Hubcaps in 2023 also seems outdated, just put cheap black alloy wheels on there.

Canada has a better build IMO, as even the base LX gets solar glass because nobody wants to roast, and four out of five trims have the LED headlights and taillights which again is important as that's a safety feature. I don't think I've ever seen a modern vehicle that didn't get a failing "POOR" grade for incandescent headlights in recent years from the IIHS. Even the sub $20K Ford Maverick hybrid pickup truck still has LED headlights.

The top of the line GT Line in Canada also gets cooled seats, yet in Texas we don't! Kia configurations are always so much better up North. Even the back seats it says are heated, way fancier top trim in Canada. :(
View attachment 140052
You can buy lettering stickers for those blank buttons. They go from regular (eg: fog lights, seat warmer) to funny (eg: missile launcher, seat ejector).

Reactions: Hammerhead

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
He’s too slammy with the doors and drives like a lunatic, and I don’t like all the stars on his arms. Not a fan of the digital speedometer and tach, I prefer regular old gauges, but I could get used to it, I guess.
Product Rectangle Cartoon Mammal Organism

• Haha
Reactions: GeoSoul

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I already have an ejection seat in mine. I special ordered it. The ejection button is inside the console. Only problem is I can't remember which side I had it put on. Guess if I ever need to use it I'll find out. 😁

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Night lighting for the tech package shown off, but note that the "mood lighting" wasn't showing because he turned the radio to 0. The brightness of the light is tied to the volume:

I believe pre-refresh everything was backlit in red though, whereas in this one the backlit is a blueish white. Also the pre-refresh had a nice LED cargo light, whereas even this tech package is discontented with a cheapo incandescent. Easily fixed for just a few bucks on Amazon, but a shame they are cutting corners even fully loaded, which also lacks heated steering wheel even though it has a button for it next to the shifter. :mad:

·
Registered
18 Posts

Now, the one thing I'm not 100% on, is that it appears that all versions of the Soul get decontented incandescent headlights and taillights unless you go specifically with the "GT Line Technology Package" for $2.4K on top of the GT Line trim, is that how y'all are reading that too?

That's pretty pricey for a package considering the overall price of the vehicle, but it includes:
  • 10-Way Power Driver's Seat w/ 2-Way Power Lumbar Support
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Harman Kardon® Audio System w/ Center Speaker, Subwoofer, and External Amplifier
  • LED Headlights
  • LED Positioning Lights
  • LED Taillights
  • LED Fog Lights
  • Electronic Parking Brake
  • Navigation-Based Smart Cruise Control w/ Stop and Go
  • Auto Emergency Braking Technology w/ Junction Turning Detection
  • Intelligent Speed Limit Assist
  • Dual Level Cargo Board & Cargo Cover
Has anyone seen night shots of these yet or any reviews? Otherwise if its just LED accents or something minus the fog lamps, I think I'd save the $2K and go with the GT Designer line.
Very disappointed with the new trim levels and content. KIA has discontinued many options to provide "safety features". My '16 Plus has full leather interior*, Panoramic glass roof*, heated and ventilated* front seats, heated steering wheel, heated REAR seats*, LED interior lighting*, front armrest lighting*, adjustable electric steering*, touch-screen nav with 340-watt Infinity sound system*, gas-filled hood support struts*. * To my knowledge, none of the asterisks are available any more on any SOUL trim level, either standard or optional.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Very disappointed with the new trim levels and content. KIA has discontinued many options to provide "safety features". My '16 Plus has full leather interior*, Panoramic glass roof*, heated and ventilated* front seats, heated steering wheel, heated REAR seats*, LED interior lighting*, ambient front speaker and front armrest lighting*, adjustable electric steering*, touch-screen nav with 340-watt Infinity sound system* with center front imaging speaker*, gas-filled hood support struts*. * To my knowledge, none of the asterisks are available any more on any SOUL trim level, either standard or optional.
GT Line Technology package is the highest trim for the US. Out of those, it does get LED interior lighting (except for "trunk"), gas filled hood support struts, "Harman Kardon® Audio System w/ Center Speaker, Subwoofer, and External Amplifier".

No pano roof, but does have sunroof, that I don't mind as Texas is MUCH too hot for panoroof and I really regret it in the Mercedes and is why I will also avoid dark colors as we've exceeded 100oF everyday for like a month now. I'd honestly prefer no sunroof, but that's not possible with the technology package, so I'll probably buy some white perforated vinyl for window signage from Amazon and just put it on the sunroof so it can let some sun in when desired but reflect a good portion.

I'm also fine with the combo fake leather and cloth, as again it works well in Texas, but the lack of ventilation is a huge fail, and it IS available in Canada trims, as are heated rear seats. Even Canada I don't think gets a heated steering wheel, but the button is there and apparently in Korea you can get it.

Things like intelligent cruise control with stop and go are really good, as is Hyundai/Kia's market leading highway driving assist as it can keep itself pretty well centered without input for a long time.

My biggest fails to me are the lack of standard LED headlights and taillights on all but the base trim like Canada gets, concerns that they picked and 18" over 17" wheel for the top trim (might be too stiff, but not worried as I bet I could easily trade someone with '23 EX wheels for the GT Line wheels), and a cool looking but compromising center exhaust on top trim that prevents me from mounting a hitch. Hitches are really great for bicycle racks, hitch baskets for long trips where you just need to store some light things in a plastic tote that don't fit inside, and even though its not meant for it you can tow a super light motorcycle trailer.

I'm also missing my favorite paint option I've ever seen, which was like a Champaign color with a white roof... drool However, a pearl white is my second favorite so I'm not totally sad.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts