Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've lurked a long time since everyone I know owns a Soul and I'm their go to mechanic, such a wealth of resources here, but I digress.

The story goes like this. I got into a discussion with my wife about her Soul. She said she'd rather have a white one with red accents from around 2014 rather than her funky green one. So I started googling. I found out that model (Red Zone) was a limited production of 2000 (no idea how many they actually made, but it's at least a number they planned).

So then she said she would be happy with mine, since its black and has red accents (a 2015 black and red one I had bought used with 60k on it), so I started looking for one and found out it is a Red Zone 2.0 (had no idea tbh, just thought it was a well optioned car). So I've started a car buying quest, and will probably break down and go shopping for something newer for her, but it got me wondering how many of those were planned to make, or better yet actually made.

Annnnnd... Nada. Can't find one snippet of how many Red Zone 2.0s were planned or even made. Anyone happen to have this info on hand?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I also came up empty in my search. Out of curiosity, I emailed both gentlemen from Kia Motors America Headquarters on 5.20.2020 inquiring about the Red Zone 2.0 numbers; just received a phone call from one of them (can't remember which), but he wasn't able to find the numbers. He suspects that the number would be similar to the 2014 Red Zone. He proceeded to ask why and I explained that I was a member of the Kia Soul forums and was trying to ascertain this info to help out a fellow member who is trying to locate a 2015 Red Zone 2.0 for his wife. He said he would do some additional digging as there are a few more people he can reach out to that may have the info. But with the holiday weekend coming up that it would be next week sometime that he would reach out to me again IF he's able to find any additional info. I will report back if I hear anything.

James Bell-Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media
James Hope-National Manager, Product Communications

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. I was thinking it may and been similar to the 2014, but wasn't really sure about it. Still not 100% positive, but that does give me at least some train of thought on it...

All this time tbh I thought I just had a well optioned Soul, and no idea it was limited. Figured most car manufacturers put a special badge on, or a plaque some where. Guess Kia do not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've lurked a long time since everyone I know owns a Soul and I'm their go to mechanic, such a wealth of resources here, but I digress.

The story goes like this. I got into a discussion with my wife about her Soul. She said she'd rather have a white one with red accents from around 2014 rather than her funky green one. So I started googling. I found out that model (Red Zone) was a limited production of 2000 (no idea how many they actually made, but it's at least a number they planned).

So then she said she would be happy with mine, since its black and has red accents (a 2015 black and red one I had bought used with 60k on it), so I started looking for one and found out it is a Red Zone 2.0 (had no idea tbh, just thought it was a well optioned car). So I've started a car buying quest, and will probably break down and go shopping for something newer for her, but it got me wondering how many of those were planned to make, or better yet actually made.

Annnnnd... Nada. Can't find one snippet of how many Red Zone 2.0s were planned or even made. Anyone happen to have this info on hand?
made an account just to reply to this. I have the exact car that you’re talking about and in the 18 months I’ve had it I’ve only seen one other on the road. They’re very rare.
That being said, you can buy mine off me!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Interesting. I was thinking it may and been similar to the 2014, but wasn't really sure about it. Still not 100% positive, but that does give me at least some train of thought on it...

All this time tbh I thought I just had a well optioned Soul, and no idea it was limited. Figured most car manufacturers put a special badge on, or a plaque some where. Guess Kia do not.
UPDATE: Received a call back from Kia Consumer Affairs today, and they confirmed that there were 2,000 Red Zone 2.0 editions manufactured.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts