Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RECORD SEPTEMBER SALES HELP KIA MOTORS AMERICA SURPASS ALL-TIME BEST U.S. ANNUAL SALES TOTAL IN LESS THAN NINE MONTHS

Year-to-Date Sales up 37.1 Percent for One of the Fastest Growing Car Brands in the U.S.
IRVINE, Calif., October 3, 2011 - Kia Motors America (KMA) today announced best-ever September sales of 35,609 units, a 18.4-percent increase over the same period last year and the company's 13th straight monthly sales record. Kia's design-led transformation has delivered unprecedented growth and market share gains, and with year-to-date sales up 37.1 percent, KMA bested its previous record annual sales total in less than nine months.
September sales were once again led by the U.S.-built1 Sorento CUV, and with production of the critically acclaimed 2012 Optima now underway at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia (KMMG) the popular midsize sedan also was a strong performer with 6,191 units sold.
"Kia has become one of the fastest growing car companies in the U.S., and surpassing our previous annual sales record in less than nine months is the result of our dramatic brand transformation and our diverse lineup of stylish, well-appointed vehicles that offer modern technologies and outstanding fuel economy," said Byung Mo Ahn, group president and CEO of KMA and KMMG. "Our growth and momentum will continue with the arrival of the all-new 2012 Rio 5-door in the next few weeks, which will join the Optima Hybrid as Kia's second vehicle to deliver up to 40 miles per gallon while also offering consumers class-leading2 horsepower and world-class design."
Design-Led Transformation and Product Line
Kia Motors has undergone a dramatic, design-led transformation, which has been delivering dynamically styled vehicles in several important segments at exactly the right time, contributing to the brand's continued gains in U.S. market share. Kia is poised to continue its momentum and brand growth through design innovation, quality, value, safety features and new technology. Kia's commitment to the U.S. market is represented by its U.S.-based manufacturing facilities in West Point, Georgia – KMMG – which is responsible for the creation of more than 10,000 plant and supplier jobs and recently added the critically acclaimed Optima midsize sedan to its production line. Kia's model year 2012 vehicle line includes the Sorento CUV, Sportage compact CUV, Optima midsize sedan, Optima Hybrid3, Soul urban passenger vehicle, Forte compact sedan, Forte 5-door compact hatchback, Forte Koup two-door coupe, all-new Rio and Rio 5-door sub-compacts and Sedona minivan.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,160 Posts
in Canada Suzuki sold 429 vehicles, down 49.6% over Sept 2010, YTD 4180 down 41.4% over 2010.

In the US, they sold 2,026 in September up 23.5%, YTD 20,284 up 19.5% over 2010.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
no problem b/c for some like me it's not about quantity but about quality and we all know who doesn't have that area covered yet and it's not suzuki who knows how to fix the cars they sell and also replaces their lemons for their customers lol.... and news flash - if you look back before the soul, you will see that kia has been putting out prs telling the world about their record sales and all the great accolades their cars have been receiving for very many years.... in january, kia achieved its 14th consecutive year of record sales in 2007 Kia Cars, SUVs, Crossovers, Minivans, & Future Vehicles | Kia Motors America lol

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
i think this forum is a just a stress reliever for klas......lol ....whats your day job lady???.

·
Registered
592 Posts
no problem b/c for some like me it's not about quantity but about quality and we all know who doesn't have that area covered yet and it's not suzuki who knows how to fix the cars they sell and also replaces their lemons for their customers lol.... and news flash - if you look back before the soul, you will see that kia has been putting out prs telling the world about their record sales and all the great accolades their cars have been receiving for very many years.... in january, kia achieved its 14th consecutive year of record sales in 2007 Kia Cars, SUVs, Crossovers, Minivans, & Future Vehicles | Kia Motors America lol
Fact is both make good cars, I looked at a Suzuki but the local dealer had very few on the lot.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
i think this forum is a just a stress reliever for klas......lol ....whats your day job lady???.
it's called fun relief for me not stress relief which from the your get well thread may be what this forum is about for you lol.... and my day job as a self employed person is whatever job i wanna do on that day... so what's your day job mr?? lol

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Fact is both make good cars, I looked at a Suzuki but the local dealer had very few on the lot.
fact is kia has the most lemon law claims of any manufacture - there are even law firms that specialize in just kia lol.....and not so sure about that quality b/c latest news is they have plans to work more on that with the slowing economy and i know i would still have a kia if that were true lol

·
Registered
592 Posts
fact is kia has the most lemon law claims of any manufacture - there are even law firms that specialize in just kia lol.....and not so sure about that quality b/c latest news is they have plans to work more on that with the slowing economy and i know i would still have a kia if that were true lol
Data to support this?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
^^ goog or the search feature here are your friends... believe i did post some things way back so happy trails lol

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
^^ and i'm not spoon feeding you with information that you requested as that is your job to locate if you want not mine ;)

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I haven't owned my Soul as long as klas has, but i've been inside plenty of vehicles new and old, and the Soul feels extremely solid to me. This is coming from someone whose parents drive a Volvo XC 90. Kia's doors feel as reliable and thick to me as a Volkswagen or a Volvo, which is a good thing. Also, seeing some nasty Soul crash photos only solidifies my trust in this car. with all of the safety features and solid build i feel completely safe in it and the extra tech stuff (bluetooth, ipod integration, cruise control) makes it a joy to drive.

kia's really been stepping it up, and more than being just FINE as hell to look at, on all of their vehicles, even the Base models are packed with features you have to pay for on other car brands. plus the safety ratings (soul and sportage both got top pick) makes them serious value cars.

I'll have my first service experience this week as i go to get me 7500mi oil change, tire rotation, and check up so i haven't experienced this "service incompetence" you and jimmy go on about lol.

but i've had mine for 8 months, averaging about 1k mi a month and i love it. i plan on trading it in for a sportage within the next couple of years, once it's paid off as i love them and want something bigger but i do love my baby Soul lol.

sorry for the rant, but as of right now, i think i'll be sticking with kia for a while lol.

:D

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
^^ true - had a first year model and later models have the upgrades which are much more solid than the cheap plastic that kia corp just never got around to giving me and i got tired of going round and round on their merry-go-round ride lol... glad you are happy with your car and i hope you never have any problems with it that kia might not be able to address/fix b/c definitely does change your opinion - at least for me anyway....

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
well, hopefully the service guys are competent enough to change my oil, rotate my tires and such. if not, my opinion of kia could change as soon as friday evening lol.

thanks to y'all, i'm going to walk in there expecting them to have the IQs of rats lol...

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
thanks to y'all, i'm going to walk in there expecting them to have the IQs of rats lol...
:laughonfloor not so sure i would give them that much credit b/c those critters are highly intelligent so might wanna pick another critter to make sure they will exceed your expectations!!

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
Turns out when I did the research, Kia is not the #1 manufacturer with lemon law claims. So much for that.

That being said, yes...parts and service are well below what I would consider bare minimum standards. That's a legitimate gripe.

Here are the top lemon law complaints for 2011. What do you have to say about this, klas? Hardly verification of your claim.

The 2011 Projected Car Complaint Ratings
MODEL
COMPLAINT INDEX RATIO

Toyota Prius
>20,000

Lexus HS
>20,000

Jaguar XF

Subaru Outback

Subaru Legacy

Dodge Journey

Mercedes Benz GLK

Kia Soul

Honda Insight

Volvo XC60

Lincoln MKT

Jeep Wrangler

Lexus RX

Toyota Corolla

BMW 1 series

Volkswagen Routan

Toyota Avalon

Toyota FJ Cruiser

Dodge Challenger

Hyundai Genesis

For more information on the NHTSA consumer complaint database, click here.

Reprinted with permission from The 2011 Car Book, 31st edition by Jack Gillis, Amy Curran, Julia Redmon, Brian Gillis. © 2011 All Rights Reserved. Information presented here does not reflect the opinions of Kimmel & Silverman, PC, its attorneys or its staff.

For an outline of lemon laws across the nation, click here.

If you have questions about State Lemon Laws or Federal Warranty Laws, email us by clicking here. Be sure to include your daytime phone number, including area code.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts