Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you recommend a head unit for my 2014 Kia Soul? What I'm hoping for is something that I can plug my phone into and it will show an Android interface, like what you'd find in newer cars that show you apps on the screen once you plug in. Sirius XM support is a plus.

I know there's a lot of crap on eBay so I'd like to avoid that and ask here instead what's worthwhile.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw a few but they look gimmicky: you lose a large portion of the left and right that would normally hold buttons. I did see an HU that has an 8-inch screen attached which looks tight but I'm hesitant to paying $600 for it when I have a dash mount that uses my cell phone.

Maybe a screen that will just connect to my phone automatically and provide Android auto. I can mount it on the dash and rewire a power cable to it. That may be better if it exists. Have you heard of that?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm all for home brew solutions but when it comes to car stereo, in my mind nothing beats a solid head unit from one of the mainstream aftermarket stereo manufacturers. I'm running a Pioneer Android Auto in my wife's Soul right now and it works extremely well. I've got a Kenwood for my BRZ that's digital only (no discs) that only cost $300. Great sound quality, 5V pre-amp outputs for clean amplification, tons of audio tuning options.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nothing homerbrew about that unit. Mine is branded Kunfine. Does everything I need it to do. Fantastic replacement for my 2016. Plus, it looks factory stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts