Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received this letter from the dealer that states I missed my 3,750 service and that the last service date was at 750 miles. It scares me to think this dealer is reporting to Kia I missed a service when I took it in at 3000 miles. I called Kia and complained that the dealer is trying to scare people into paying for extra service that isn't required per the owners book. The person I talked to at Kia said all I have to do is follow the service guideline in the book and keep your receipts and the warrenty is safe.

I am posting this so others won't fall for the dealers "required" service.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I thought the first service was at 7500. I need to look at my paperwork...

·
Registered
150 Posts
i was told the first oil change would be around 4000 miles
to keep all my reciepts from the oil changes and that will give me free yearly car inspection as long as I have this car.

did you know the KIA has a kind of black box that keeps all info how the car drives and what the last thing was done when you would be in a accedent?

I read that in the manual...any one else read this interesting fact???

·
Banned
43 Posts
That little "black box" would be the airbag computer. It takes a snapshot of several of the vehicles parameters when an accident occurs much like the engine control module creates "freeze-frame" data when a code is stored.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My first service, per the dealer, is 7500 miles. They use synthetic oil which apparently allows them to do this. I personally would like a change at the first 3000 miles, and was considering doing it myself.

I am however, finding out a few things that makes me wish I hasn't gone to the dealer I did. They have this whole "Dealer for Life" thing. There big ad is free enrollment into the plan and you get oil changes, car washes, tire rotation and few other things for "Life". What the ad doesn't say is you just have to pay labor, but no parts costs. Give me a break! Also the car wash is only when you have service done, I can't just roll in there when I want. Didn't know that until after the fact.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I received this letter from the dealer that states I missed my 3,750 service and that the last service date was at 750 miles. It scares me to think this dealer is reporting to Kia I missed a service when I took it in at 3000 miles. I called Kia and complained that the dealer is trying to scare people into paying for extra service that isn't required per the owners book. The person I talked to at Kia said all I have to do is follow the service guideline in the book and keep your receipts and the warrenty is safe.

I am posting this so others won't fall for the dealers "required" service.
Tell the idiot Service Manager to show you WHERE this service interval is in your owners manual....when he can't find it...and he won't...then get real loud and obnoxious and demand a free oil change....:cool:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I'm getting my first oil change in two weeks. I should be around the 5000 mile mark by then. Taking to the dealer. I'm going to bring in some royal purple and hopefully they will use it. Most likely they won't and will tell me it voids the warranty which I know is false. But knowing them they will want to use their own oil to get more money out of me.

Also going to get my mood lamp controller replaced per recall.. and finally they will check out the blown door speaker I have.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i do not have the owners manual in front of me (its raining outside and the one on our showroom has not been replaced yet), but i know there are two maintenence schedules in most of the owners manuals for the kias. one is for "severe" the other for "normal." most people's driving habits would put them into the "severe" schedule, which is, if i remember correctly 3750. personally, even under nicest conditions, i would NEVER go 7500 miles between oil changes on ANY vehicle, but that is just me. i have customers that do, and have not seen any adverse affects from it, as far as your warranty is concerned, 7500 is the rule. you can go anywhere or do them yourself, just keep your receipts for the work, or the oil/filter (date and initial)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Mine is between 5300-5400 miles. Got note from dealer. I'm going to get it done while I can. After this I'm going to use Amsoil.

·
Registered
27 Posts
just had my first oil change done at the dealer this week. 5000 miles on car. dealer has me coming back at 8000 miles or 3 months. I guess they dont know what the service interval is. Also my paperwork calls my color as black cherry.Do they not know what their color names are?

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Black Cherry is the proper name for your car, the paint code is 9H (black cherry). There is a thread posted where you can find out all 11 names and codes, and another forum where you can see what tthe different names are for the colours depending on which country you are from.

Cheers,
SOUL4U

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I plan to continue on my plan of having an oil change at every 3000 miles as I live in a really hot state and that may fall under the severe condition service interval. I hope they don't use that against me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I drive between severe and normal depending on what my schedule is for work, I work in rural areas and I take backroads to get to most of the locations I work at so I tend to play it by ear. I have almost 13,000 miles on my Soul in less than 5 months and if I'm doing a ton of driving on rural roads I change it at 3,000 miles, if not then 5,000. I have the service part covered where I get free oil changes, etc and the coupon book coupons state every 5,000 miles for an oil change.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I put an average of 800 miles per week on my Soul. I get the oild changed every 3000 miles, changed out the air filter at 15000 miles, rotate and balance the tires at every other oil change and have so far completed other scheduled maintainance according to the manauls service guidelines. I told the dealership very clearly that aside from warranty issues and recalls that they would never see this car. They are simply too expensive. They said tha was fine, just to keep my receipts and I would be just fine.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dealerships are going to do anything they can to get people into the dealerships. So if they can get people in there by "scare letters" then they are going to try it. The dealerships are struggling right now, so they are doing whatever they can. Now I would think maybe sending out a letter that said free wash, to get people to atleast come by the dealership and maybe get a couple little service items out of people would be the way to go. That is just my 2 cents on dealership business.

Just keep the oil changes regular and you are good.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Dealerships are going to do anything they can to get people into the dealerships. So if they can get people in there by "scare letters" then they are going to try it.
Agreed. This is why "business ethics" is an oxymoron. A local Kia dealer just opened here - formerly Cheverolet - and thier radio ads state that you will get a minimum $6k on any trade-in. When you are on the lot to check it out they let you know that it only applies if you buy the Borego. When it came time to buy, this dealer did not get my business. I consider this bait and switch at worst, or a sin of omission at best.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts