Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my soul 2u for almost 3 weeks. So far, every things is fine and I enjoy this little toy.

Last week me dealer call me because kia recalls some to verify somethings with the idle pulley.

The pulley was not tighten correctly. (Someone was sleeping on the assembly line I guest)

No damages, no problems.

Ask your dealer before leaving with your car.

Tourlou!:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Idle Pulley

I had this done also. The dealership called me on a Friday afternoon when I was heading out of town... they said it HAD to be done before they closed... whether or not it was serious or they were just CYA, I don't know.

Took about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
384 Posts
A/C idler pulley nut

Soul vehicles equipped with a 2.0L engine built between Job 1 and 3/3/2009 may have an under-torqued A/C idler pulley nut that may be related to belt squeal. 1. Open hood and check for yellow or orange paint dot on the right front strut tower as shown. If the yellow or orange dot is present no further action is required....This is from the KIA GDS center on there main web site. Any one can register and see all TSB and shop manuals. Pretty cool stuff. You must check it out.;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
FYI, I was called too. I was told by my dealer that I must come in by May 20th, and I think that gave me about 5 days at that point.

Today I called a closer dealer to see if they could see me instead. They looked up my VIN and confirmed I needed to come in, and that there were TWO recalls for my vehicle. Then I asked him if there was a deadline, and he said no. Pretty interesting. Thank you for the info regarding the pulley... I am hoping this is what is causing the light "knocking" sounds I sometimes hear when I'm idling, coasting slowly.

They said it would take about an hour. I will try to post an update on what the 2nd "fix" is when I find out tomorrow.

Thank you SOULster community for always being helpful!

·
Registered
3 Posts
"knocking engine sound"

I took my wifes baby hampster car in because the pully squealed a little and I thought I heard some knocking in the engine while at idle with the A/C and radio off.

When the dealer looked at it he said that there is some white painted lettering on the belt and when that wears off the squealing will stop.....as for the knocking I heard, he assured me that it was the mechanical sound of the fuel injectors opening and closing and that it was "normal and no problem".

·
Registered
5 Posts
well my wifes ! tossed all the belts with only 325 miles on it. picked it up yesterday and now the radio comes on but no volume will not lock on any stations when scanning and will not connect to sat radio. also will show usb and cd as playing but no sound doors lights will beat to the beat so far not impressed with this kia...

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Doordragger

Its not the car...its obvious that the dealer you purchased it from did not do a proper pre delivery inspection.....as far as the belts go they would have caught it if they did the inspection...and the radio has an issue that's why the TSB was released...Rest assured you have an excellent warranty and you will have these things fixed for free....My suggestion though is to go to a different dealer if you can...

·
Registered
5 Posts
NoBoZoS

Thanks for the reply, don't get me wrong we love the Soul just a little disappointed with less then 350 miles and 1 major issue and 1 aggravating issue she is taking it back to the dealer today for the radio problem. So the TSB is for the issue she is having or is it for something else with the radio

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes and just talked to the wife and service manager they did the update yesterday and everything was good until my wife picked up the car. They took the radio out of another soul with the upgrade and installed in the wife's working fine so she is leaving now with that radio, soo possible issue with the radios I work for a tier 1 supplier to GM and understand the small issues with launch vehicles and the bugs that need to be worked out as the cars begin life in consumer hands..Kia is being quite understanding and helpful thus far

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I just started noticing a small squeak at idle , just a little gas and it goes away . Mine was built in March , but I don't know what day , and I have not recieved anything about this , I also don't have the orange or yellow dot under the hood , so i guess i'll call em and see if they can tell me .

·
Registered
2 Posts
2010 Kia Soul

Just wanted to vent about this little hamster of a car. Mine was bought in May of this year and has been in the shop 6 times already. It all started with the engine light coming. They said I was not putting fuel cap on right! Okay! fine I say. Light comes again! They replaced Fuel cap. Thinks its fixed; NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Light comes on again, but goes off before I get it there. Comes on again! Guess what! Yeap fuel stuff again but they add that its an emissions thing and they need to add a part. Its leaking something but okay to drive. Any way again its in there a they add part which may have taken care of it. Engine light has not come on but the tranny isnt shifting correctly from 1st to 2nd. And it has a hestitation sometimes like its not getting fuel. Its sluggish. I have a vibration of some kind going with it as well which I assume it has to do with the tranny. I do have a lemon suit against KIA. When I had it in the shop today and the dealership drove it 5.9 miles and said they couldnt find anything wrong with it, but when they called KIA, and explained they had no findings I guess since I have suit against them KIA is having a new tranny put in. Mind you this has all happened with 7500 miles on this car. I have not gotten any recall about idle pully. No problems with radio, as of yet. But when I bought this car I wanted a hitch, because I pull a Zero Turner around and wouldnt buy it if it wouldnt pull it. They got me the hitch and now I am wondering if this car is really capable of pulling anything being so small with 4 cylinder. I also think the material used in this car is really cheaply made. Other than all this the car is cool. Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!! I really wish this car had not put such a bad taste in my mouth. The suit would of never gone this far if they would of let me trade it in, but nope they wouldnt let me trade it in so thats why I obtained a lawyer, because they surely dont want to take it back. Hope this helps everyone and if you can give me any further info please feel free to do so at [email protected] Thank you and have a great day!!!! Janey

·
Registered
3 Posts
Taking my SE Dragon in tomorrow to have the idle pully taken care of, and the passengers side carpet is pulling up from underneath the kick plate on the door. hopefully they will get it all taken care of! the squeaking is driving me crazy :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts