Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Rearview Mirror Distortion

7K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  TechnoMage 
#1 ·
New 2012 Kia Soul Base w/MT bought 2 weeks ago. Standard mirror has a slight but noticeable distortion. Has anyone else has had or heard of this issue?

#19 ·
I'm not crazy after all!

So, I'm not the only one who had a distortion in my manual rearview mirror? I checked others at the dealer and they had it as well. It's especially noticeable when you switch to night mode. I resolved by purchasing an automatic dimming (electric) from jc whitney dot com for $31 including shipping (garage pro auto dimming). It fit perfectly and took less than 20 minutes to connect. I like the autodimming feature but didn't want to pay $200+ for one, so when I found this one I jumped. It works exactly like the stock one on my 2k4 Chevy. I hope that helps.

2012 soul base a/t

#20 ·
Thanks for the recommendation, Gasteed. Hubs had ours at the dealer this morning and the service person said he couldn't see ANY distortion. Uh huh, and I'm crazy. Sigh. May go the way of JC Whitney and change it up myself since I like the autodim and also did not want to pay the dealership's $$.

#29 ·
I thought it had to be something like that, because my REAR-view mirrors all work as they are supposed to.

I do love the auto dimming feature in my Center Rear-view mirror. That's better than me having to flip it to the Dim side myself.

Thanks for the Follow-Up.

TM :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.