Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When looking at the Soul's, I never saw any with one and didnt see it as an option in the Soul booklet that lists all the options and what comes with each model, but I saw the option in the Soul Manual...

Did anyone's Soul come with a rearview Camera ??? Did anyone get one installed ???

·
Registered
202 Posts
Did anyone's Soul come with a rearview Camera ??? Did anyone get one installed ???
The first model that I test drove came with the rear view camera. It was part of a "package" that cost approx $1500. The other main items that came with it did not appeal to me in the least and would have cost even more to swap out. As I recall it was the panels that make the car look lower and the black wheels.

At any rate, I decided against it because it was going to be a mighty expensive back up camera, given that I did not like the rest of the "package".

I asked about having a camera installed on the 4U that I made the deal on and they told me that it couldn't be done. So I resigned myself to doing without it.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
the reversing camera is a joke........its a talking point and fun to play with......but it dosent help parking because the image is fisheyed and it dosent work well at night......stick to parking sensors.

·
Registered
202 Posts
In our other car, we use it not so much for parking as for backing up in tight quarters and for being able to see exactly how much wiggle room you have left back there.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you have kids who leave bikes / toys / themselves in the driveway, it might be a welcome addition. I have the camera and my wife crouched down just below the rear window to test it and you cannot see whats back there with any of the mirrors or head turning.

Now, having said that, I do not have kids, but I use it to make sure the garage door won't come down on my rear bumper when I park it. Handy little toy if you ask me. Maybe not 100% necessary for a safe, conscientious driver, but still a tool to keep things safe, nonetheless.

·
Registered
81 Posts
it was on the special edition #1 at least when I bought my soul. It was about $1500 more and it came with rims, a body kit/spoiler and the back-up camera. In canada it came without the roof rack so I decided against it. You can get aftermarket ones that work but once you get used to the soul, its really not that useful.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
on reflection the camera could be very good if it was mounted higher up and within the car so it kept clean...and had less fisheye on it for better judging distance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts