Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Can anyone tell me if the 2020 Souls have the styrofoam storage tray that is under the rear floor “lid”? My 2012 Exclaim had one in it. I’m at my local dealer now and the salesman is saying that the 2020’s don’t come with a tray.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Hi all. Can anyone tell me if the 2020 Souls have the styrofoam storage tray that is under the rear floor “lid”? My 2012 Exclaim had one in it. I’m at my local dealer now and the salesman is saying that the 2020’s don’t come with a tray.
Nope, much to some owners chagrin the under floor storage has been dropped.

Pat.

Reactions: mealso

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
to expand and clarify for US consumers on what Pat said. For 2020 there is now a two level floor system in the cargo area so you can make it level with the rear opening just like on the G2 version. However, this dual level cargo board is not available on the LX, S, & X-Line but optional on the GT-Line, and standard on the EX and GT-Line turbo. It is standard on all Canadian models.

They may offer a storage tray at some point, but for now just rig up your own set up.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,476 Posts
It's like the old saying, "Less is....well, just less."

·
Registered
604 Posts
My EX has no tray, just flip the lid and the spare tire is there. I do like the idea of the trays, I probably should've taken the one out of my 2018 to see if it fits. I do have the shelf off my 2018, took that out of my 2020 as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A salesman at my local dealership took a storage tray out of a Gen 2 Soul and tried it in an 2020 EX model but the tray was too wide to fit.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
A salesman at my local dealership took a storage tray out of a Gen 2 Soul and tried it in an 2020 EX model but the tray was too wide to fit.
You might try some configuration of pre-made organizers that are low enough to fit under the floor. I was thinking an RV store might have some selection too.

e36a712152271214e18baf836fe23e81.jpg

Reactions: Buzz and mealso

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
ROFLMAO!!!

I got a spare tire with my car, so that takes care of what goes under the floor in the back. * The jack and lug wrench (both junk) were in a black foam carrier, in the center of the spare, which I took out and put in my shed.
In that hole (center of the spare) I keep the Tow Loop (wrapped in a towel so it don't rattle, a set of Jumper Cables and two 20'x6000# Tow Straps....and a small air compressor. And outside the tire I have my 18" Torque Wrench with the 21mm deep well socket (my Lug Wrench)
Sitting on top of the spare tire cover, is my small "Trolly Jack" (small floor jack) I keep that in its original box, so it doesn't go roaming around.

But, let me get a flat tire, and I can have that bad boy changed and be back on the road in ten minutes flat. Roadside assistance....go to H3ii.

* JFYI.....if you didn't get a spare tire with your car...then go get one. I bought one for my 2013 Soul and used it twice in six years. Just the convenience of having a spare tire that I can change and get back on the road was worth many times the price I paid for the spare. (<$100.00)

Cheers Mates!
:cool:

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
I have a spare, then the caddy divider, then the folding floor that covers it.

If I remove the caddy and slide the floor to the lower position, above the spare, it makes a cavernous space.

Nice job Kia!

Reactions: Soul.Master.007

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a spare, then the caddy divider, then the folding floor that covers it.

If I remove the caddy and slide the floor to the lower position, above the spare, it makes a cavernous space.

Nice job Kia!
The Gen 2 Souls have a storage caddy AND a two position floor?

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Yes. Very handy.

The caddy is nice, but if you don't want to use it, you can just leave it out and it's just like Gen3 then. 2 floor levels.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Yes. Very handy.

The caddy is nice, but if you don't want to use it, you can just leave it out and it's just like Gen3 then. 2 floor levels.
It does not appear like the upper storage level platform will support any real weight.
I think a cardboard template used to make a 1/2 plywood platform would be the way to go.
One could cover it with that inexpensive auto carpeting if desired.

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
It does not appear like the upper storage level platform will support any real weight.
I think a cardboard template used to make a 1/2 plywood platform would be the way to go.
One could cover it with that inexpensive auto carpeting if desired.
actually it does, I tried it and it's very rigid and thick and also supports along the front (at the base of the opening as well as the sides.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Like conwel said, it's pretty sturdy and can be put in carpet side up, or the rigid plastic side up if you have wet or dirty stuff.

It amazes me how much space is back there if you remove the caddy and slide the floor to the lower position.

Kia is good at space relations :)

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I Picked up MY GT-line today and I can confirm the GEN2 under floor storage does not fit, not only is it too wide, it is an inch too high as well. The width issue could be addressed by cutting a section from the middle and then rejoin the two half's. The height is more problematic there is a foot at each corner that could removed to lower it, but then it would be close to sitting right on the spare wheel.
So it looks like I will be fabricating something myself.

Pat.

Reactions: y2krtaf

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I picked to GT-line limited today, Woo - Hoo although I wasn't driving I was impressed by how more refined it was in terms of road noise over the 2016, quite a bit quieter, so I am happy. I will be a lot happier when I am able to drive it. I have a whole host of stuff sitting in the basement like new wheels, caliper paint, high heat paint for the rotors, broken K emblems. Black rustproof paint for the suspension. All on hold obviously, also have to arrange for the clearfilm an the front end. cannot take pictures with this bloody cast on my right hand. So now I am impatiently waiting until my hand is healed and the I can go to town on my mods.

Pat.

Reactions: y2krtaf

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
I picked to GT-line limited today, Woo - Hoo although I wasn't driving I was impressed by how more refined it was in terms of road noise over the 2016, quite a bit quieter, so I am happy. I will be a lot happier when I am able to drive it. I have a whole host of stuff sitting in the basement like new wheels, caliper paint, high heat paint for the rotors, broken K emblems. Black rustproof paint for the suspension. All on hold obviously, also have to arrange for the clearfilm an the front end. cannot take pictures with this bloody cast on my right hand. So now I am impatiently waiting until my hand is healed and the I can go to town on my mods.

Pat.
congrats Pat :surprise: :victorious: :Yay: Post photos when you get a chance as most of us haven't seen photos of the Canadian GT-Line Limited.

Have to fix up your avatar now :applause:

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Pat you sound alot better than a week ago. How long until that cast comes off?

Congrats on your 2020! If you could figure a way to 3D Print an underfloor storage caddy for Gen 3, you'd be able to hire a whole crew to tweak up that new Soul and a private nurse to boot.

Glad you're on the mend.

Reactions: sube
1 - 20 of 23 Posts