Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the pics....I put quick disconnects to the speakers and the other ones you see are for the rear LED speaker lights. Yes I had to put them in the back also!!

The fronts are next, anyone keep the front lights somehow with aftermarket speakers? I'm going to try!!

Matt

·
Registered
385 Posts
^^^nahhh, done with that..

but it is funny, I mean there are tons of posts about sub boxes and what should I do, I tried to help a few people but whats the point, you can take over and talk about your alpine box.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw the Alpine box, I believe I might do the same. I was happy with the 5 ch. alpine amp I had years ago!! I also need space for stroller for now! LOL

Matt

·
Registered
597 Posts
I meant that as a joke. Sorry to sound all douche-y. Reading it back it reads like a dig. I meant no harm.

Tapatalk did this...

·
Registered
385 Posts
^^^My bad then, I took it the wrong way.
I guess I did talk about all that stuff alot, it's honestly just about the only part of the forum I post in, but it wasn't all my fault, alot of it was me trying to help the members who asked about suggestions for a sub that doesn't take up room in the back, before they read any ICE posts, now I guess I'm at the point of, why bother.

@ snmtazz, good job on the install, and sorry for hijacking the thread.

·
Registered
597 Posts
No, you took it exactly how it reads. I just didn't realize that's how it read. Ha ha.

Tapatalk did this...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No prob! I'm looking at the Alpine V60 or V70 for a little more power.

Matt

·
Registered
385 Posts
Sounds good, alpine makes some nice stuff. If you can swing it, have you looked at the alpine PDX, they look really good, a bit smaller too.

·
Registered
385 Posts
BTW, did you put any peel and seal on the interior door panel itself, I've been thinking of doing this. I've noticed my midbass is better since I did the inner door skin, but I find the interior door panel vibrating a bit when the volume goes up.

I'm probably going to do it either way, in just a few spots, but I have so much deadener with the inner door and outer door both having about two layers, the doors are getting a bit heavy..lol

I also ran new 14g wires to the doors for some new speakers I'll be putting in this week, and I found out that the little rubber wire shield/grommet (can't think of the right name for that thing) between the door and the jamb is actually a plug on the one end, so I had to run the wires through the actaual grommets of the shield. Just an FYI if you plan to run new wires for your speakers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't think I'm going to run new wires as of yet. I found out about the door wire plug when I did the back speaker lights. Check out my other thread, I just put the fronts in and kept the speaker lights. I know some people don't like them, but just wanted to keep them for my little one.

Matt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts